Tire selection question - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tire selection question

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I could be wrong about the Alpin but since everyone was having trouble finding them I checked my distributor. When he typed them in it came up discontinued. I bought one from him last year in October .
    If it has, in fact, been discontinued, it would be interesting to know what Michelin is going to offer to replace it.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I have checked with several vendors in my area and that tire can't be bought. Tire Rack online does not even offer it, or at least when I search for available tires under 195-55-16 it don't come up in the list. I can find different sizes of it? There is not any even on ebay except larger sizes, is that tire possibly a discontinued tire making them hard to find? Anyway I went ahead and purchased the Bridgestone Potenza "run flat" at a decent price of 127.00 to my door. Bought another rear rim in black so it will be an easy swap.

ME...I am not a fan on that tire ! Michelin has come out with a tire replacement...just can't look it up where I am at !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Just on a side note , my distributor who is also a rider suggested maybe trying a Bridgestone Blizzak run flat. Its also a winter tire like the Alpin. I googled it and it looks remarkably like the Alpin.

Just on a side note , my distributor who is also a rider suggested maybe trying a Bridgestone Blizzak run flat. Its also a winter tire like the Alpin. I googled it and it looks remarkably like the Alpin.
    Humm "Bridgestone Blizzak run flat" very interesting!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....zzak+LM-25+RFT

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Yup, thats it !

$250 installed here in FLA.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    That thing has more siping than any tire I've seen. For those that don't know , lots of siping means lots of grip. Siping is those little diagonal slices in the tread block. What they do is allow the block to spread out and conform to the road surface. Siping can give you up to 25% more grip.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Humm "Bridgestone Blizzak run flat" very interesting!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....zzak+LM-25+RFT
    And nice rounded edges too Looks like a possibility.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Several Tire Candidates for Dark Side

Doing a search of Discount Tire Direct produced no less than five 195/55-R16 tires which could be used on our 6's. That list includes the G-Max and Blizzak in addition to the Yokohama Avid ENVigor, Michelin Pilot Sport and Bridgestone Potenza RE960 which is rated to 168 MPH. A mix of non and run flat tires having speeding ratings from 118MPH to 168MPH. There appears to be no shortage of candidate tires for Dark Siding

I could be wrong about the Alpin but since everyone was having trouble finding them I checked my distributor. When he typed them in it came up discontinued. I bought one from him last year in October .
    Wow, guess I was Lucky. I got my Alpin delivered on 9/19/15. It is good for 30k again I hope.

Alpine run flat

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Doing a search of Discount Tire Direct produced no less than five 195/55-R16 tires which could be used on our 6's. That list includes the G-Max and Blizzak in addition to the Yokohama Avid ENVigor, Michelin Pilot Sport and Bridgestone Potenza RE960 which is rated to 168 MPH. A mix of non and run flat tires having speeding ratings from 118MPH to 168MPH. There appears to be no shortage of candidate tires for Dark Siding
    bob109, good list of choices, thanks. Discount Tire also has a limited number of the Michelin Alpin Run Flats. I ordered one last week from a local store and picked it up yesterday.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18