Tire selection question - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tire selection question

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Here is from Tire Rack !!! I will install in a few months.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    That tire sure looks like it has a hell of a bite to it like it wants to chew up the pavement. I will be waiting to hear your report on its performance/traction and PSI for the sweet spot.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Haven t decided on a CT for my switch to the chrome rims, need to get my butt in gear. Read in some Darkside forum that a fellow felt that the General G Max, which is a favorite, I believe, with the Darkside riders. Was at Wallmart to day, just out of curiosity I went to their tire dept. They Had the General their and some Goodyear and a few others. Just for shts and giggles I pushed on the side walls and they were all very flimsy except for one, it had a very stiff sidewall and it was the Dunlop SP Sport Signature, 60,000 mile tire, 91V, $99.00, unfortunately 205/55/16, for watever a stiff sidewall is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Haven t decided on a CT for my switch to the chrome rims, need to get my butt in gear. Read in some Darkside forum that a fellow felt that the General G Max, which is a favorite, I believe, with the Darkside riders. Was at Wallmart to day, just out of curiosity I went to their tire dept. They Had the General their and some Goodyear and a few others. Just for shts and giggles I pushed on the side walls and they were all very flimsy except for one, it had a very stiff sidewall and it was the Dunlop SP Sport Signature, 60,000 mile tire, 91V, $99.00, unfortunately 205/55/16, for watever a stiff sidewall is worth.
    The Max has a single ply sidewall! I'm currently on my second Max after getting 30,300 miles service from the first. A good tire IMHO. Sweet Spot for me (250 lbs. solo) is 43 PSI. Discount Tire Direct had the lowest price! If my memory serves me right I believe the cost was $90.00. Bought four and received several rebates and free shipping!

Any thoughts on this tire?

Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D DSST Runonflat

Can you really put a winter/snow tire on?

Attachment 19654
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Any thoughts on this tire?

Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D DSST Runonflat

Can you really put a winter/snow tire on?

Attachment 19654

Yes, the snow tires are used quite often !!! This is my second! Check out second link!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Here is from Tire Rack !!! I will install in a few months.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

I went with this tire mostly because of the thread pattern and the edges are rolled over...