Hit and run!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit and run!

Hit and run!

Got smacked on the right side of bike this morning, sob took off while I was looking for a place to park. Bent engine guard and snap extension off highway peg. Dang it. I'm ok, didn't fall. Will post pics later.

Attachment 17534
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

That sucks big time..sorry to hear this but glad you weren't hurt! Too bad nobody else was able to come forward and help out with a license/description.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

It's all you see anymore...hit and runs. Nobody cares. I can't imagine what the next 20 years will be like. Thankfully I'll be too old to give a crap.

shooter
    I keep telling you guys that's why you need to carry a gun. You could shoot his tires out........just kidding , I think. Sorry about your misfortune. Just be glad you weren't hurt. Shame that pricks out driving around.

Pitiful excuse for a human. Karma will visit the scum sucking parasite, be assured. I'm sure they are at the welfare office complaining how you got in their way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The bright side is you stayed upright and walked away, hopefully Karma will sort out the rest.

Went back to the impact area and couldn't find the peg! Must still be in his bumper or front quarter panel.

Ok, let's see how much I have to spend to repair this. I need or can bend the right engine guard. Found it on line for $166. Next Ergo II 6" extension powder coated black and a peg. Searching...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

You best look a little deeper. There may be damage to the subframe that the engine guard bolts to.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I keep telling you guys that's why you need to carry a gun. You could shoot his tires out........just kidding , I think. Sorry about your misfortune. Just be glad you weren't hurt. Shame that pricks out driving around.
    No gun! Something way more effective,.... a video camera!! I have a few friends that have been saved by them. But of course it's useless if you don't have it or have it on....
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

So local Honda dealer does not have the part, everyone on line does not have the part (Right Engine Guard) a Honda dealer in Ft. Lauderdale has the part but it's $177 plus shipping. On line I can get it for $140? I think I'll be waiting, Honda has the part back-ordered till 10/29?

All the parts from Kuryakyn come to $146 shipped. Plus, I will have to powder coat the 6" extension. This is going to be about a $300 project! I had to buy everything from Kuri in pairs except the peg! GEEZ, what a world we live in. How hard can it be to sell one? Well the good thing is when one of you guys mess up your left side ERGO II's I can charge you what I paid!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016