Long Beach, CA IMS - 11/20/2015 - 11/22/2015
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach, CA IMS - 11/20/2015 - 11/22/2015

Long Beach, CA - IMS - 11/20/2015 - 11/22/2015

It's getting that time of the year again for the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Anyone going ?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/long-beach-ca

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    It's getting that time of the year again for the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Anyone going ?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/long-beach-ca
    i will be for sure...Im hoping that the honda booth will have more info this year...if i don't get the answers i want this year i guess its a road glide custom for me next...honda if you are listenIng...we are DISSAPOINTED

Bump, reminder the International Motorcycle Show is in Long Beach this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Bump, reminder the International Motorcycle Show is in Long Beach this weekend.
    I hope it is better than the one up north at Cal Expo last week. Here is a first hand report from a friend on my "California VTX Riders" forum.

"It was very small. One venue with booths for a few makers. Honda, Harley, Kawasaki and Indian. The Indian dealer had only 1 bike on display. Another Indian dealer was rAffling a bike but the bike was not present. Only a few bikes for each brand. Each had some gear and tshirts. Custom bikes scattered to look at and vote on for best bike. Geico Insurance had a large presence as a sponsor. Another venue had all of the as seen on TV crap for sale. Sheets, dust rags, cheap overpriced sunglasses and a Arai helmet display. A few custom MC part makers selling mirrors and shifters for Harley's. Also the same cheap leather vendors you see at every major bike event or show.

Outside in the parking lot they had stunt bike demos and a small dirt track. Bike demos for Indian and Harley were further down. Took us a whole 1 1/2 hr to see the whole thing."
    and I might add this person had a cast on their foot and was getting around on a knee scooter so traveling was at a snails speed.

Not them just a representation of how cumbersome an slow it is. LOL

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

The Long Beach show has downsized over the years, but still usually has the following:

- Inside Showroom floor with motorcycle manufacturers and gear vendors (clothing, helmets, glasses, gloves, lifts, tools, lights, accessories, etc.).
    - Inside custom bike show
    - Inside and Outside food vendors
    - Outside motorcycle manufacturer trucks with demo ride fleets

Yea I've made the trip down there several times throughout the years an was a great time also an use to go to it up north when it was in San Mateo, but Cal Expo was just to far for a one day show for me. I love it here on the Central coast as I can go south or north to LA or the Bay area for most of the good MC events all within 4 hrs of home.

I'm going to the show tomorrow. Looking forward to demo some bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just got back from the show. It was packed as well as the parking lot. Parking for bikers was free. The show as about the usual size. Clothing vendors were on the weak side but that didn't stop the wifey. I came home with a tin of Australian Leather Seal (beeswax and eucalyptus) for the boots. The usual bike manufacturers were there (KTM, Suzuki, Honda, Harley, Yamaha, CanAm, Indian, Slingshot, Kawi, etc.). Indian had both versions of the Scout on the floor. I threw a log over one and thought I was straddling a mini-bike. Saw a white F6B at the Honda booth. The color is a matte white flake. There were quite a few nice custom show bikes sprinkled through out the showroom floor (custom double V-Twin shown below) as well as a bit of eye candy at the various booths. There was a stunt riding show by the outdoor food court and the demo fleet was running as usual.

Temps got up to 93 degrees on the way home for all you snow bound riders .

Attachment 17755Attachment 17756Attachment 17757Attachment 17758

Thanks for the report.

Looks like you could spend half the day checking out bikes in the parking lot

No "eye candy" photo's?