Windshields Again - Light or Dark Tint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windshields Again - Light or Dark Tint

Windshields Again - Light or Dark Tint

Dark tint shields definitely look better, to me at least. Of course you have to be able to look over it.

My question is about day to day use. How is it at night, in a parking lot, etc?

How many of you with dark tints wish you had gotten the light tint instead?
    Albuquerque, NM

shooter
    I'm looking at the Klockwerks. I think I'm gonna get a clear and paint it black inside. I have a dark tint clear view and I like it but it needs to be taller. WJ Duke is getting a new bike and he's been begging me to 'give' him my clearview. He said he would take it if I paid shipping too. Seriously though I like the dark tint , it cuts down glare when riding into the sun and I especially like the looks on a black bike.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm looking at the Klockwerks. I think I'm gonna get a clear and paint it black inside. I have a dark tint clear view and I like it but it needs to be taller. WJ Duke is getting a new bike and he's been begging me to 'give' him my clearview. He said he would take it if I paid shipping too. Seriously though I like the dark tint , it cuts down glare when riding into the sun and I especially like the looks on a black bike.
    oh boy...it's gonna be on shooter!

Attachment 17540

I like the dark tint, and I have no issues looking over it, so its not an issue day or night.

Another good thing about the dark tint, when riding into the sun, I can duck down behind it slightly. Its like having double sun glasses, I have the transitions photochromic face shield on my Lazar helmet, which works pretty well, but having the tinted windscreen just makes it better.

Attachment 17541

I have the Madstad 11" extra dark.

It looks great on the black bike.
    I look over it / but at night it does not seem that bad if i need to look through it to park etc...
    I would get the extra dark again. I love the Madstad windshield / I have a F4 with vent that I loved before the Madstad.
    Steve

Light or Dark

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Dark tint shields definitely look better, to me at least. Of course you have to be able to look over it.

My question is about day to day use. How is it at night, in a parking lot, etc?

How many of you with dark tints wish you had gotten the light tint instead?
    I have a 9" Cee Bailey dark tint. I have tried the light, but much prefer the dark tint No problems at night.

I did both, have the Madstad 11" dark for the summer, and the Madstad 15" light tint for the spring and fall.
    Usually the 11" is on, it provides all the protection I need, plus the dark tint looks "bad-ass" on the fast black F6B.

Thanks Guys!
    It looks like the "yea's" have it for the dark tint.
    Albuquerque, NM

Dark tint!

I have vinyl wrapped my OEM shield for summer riding after getting the opaque Cee Bailey. Looks great and works well since there is never a need to see through it, just a matter of how much airflow I want based on the season. I have considered painting the OEM shield too. Anyone done it yet?

Madstad 11" dark. The base plate is "extra dark" and not see through.

"Fast is fine, but Accuracy is Final" - Wyatt Earp