Windshields Again - Light or Dark Tint - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windshields Again - Light or Dark Tint

I really like the darker tinted color of the aftermarket windshields on our F6B's. I have a light tint medium Clearview but should have ordered the large Clearview initially.

I may be so daring as to order another dark tint large Clearview and sell my medium... still kicking it around... that is an awful lot of dark tint in front of oneself...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    I just ordered a Klockwerks 16 inch clear. I'm gonna paint it black on the inside. I think it will look good. Their 16 is really only a 15. I should still be able to look over it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Attachment 17540

I like the dark tint, and I have no issues looking over it, so its not an issue day or night.

Another good thing about the dark tint, when riding into the sun, I can duck down behind it slightly. Its like having double sun glasses, I have the transitions photochromic face shield on my Lazar helmet, which works pretty well, but having the tinted windscreen just makes it better.

Attachment 17541
    What brand and size is this windshield? Looks good. I'm guessing you (the rider) is about 5"7'? I'm 5'4" (short-avg torsoed, no seat padding) and want less wind noise! But want don't want to be forced to look through the windshield (at more than 40' ahead) on flat ground (on stock seat). Too many bugs around here!

Dark
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    What brand and size is this windshield? Looks good. I'm guessing you (the rider) is about 5"7'? I'm 5'4" (short-avg torsoed, no seat padding) and want less wind noise! But want don't want to be forced to look through the windshield (at more than 40' ahead) on flat ground (on stock seat). Too many bugs around here!
    My windshield is the short dark smoke, from Show Chrome. I purchased it from Wingstuff. I'm sure it's 11", which is the next size up from the stock windshield.

I don't think you will have an issue seeing over the top of it. There is a slight adjustability when installing it, a 1/2" or so. I'm just under 5'6, and I have no issue seeing over top.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35223-...ccessories-f6b

Klockwerks Dark

Love this sheild. Great looking and provides the wind protection I want. LOOKS AWESOME TOO!

Shields

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    My windshield is the short dark smoke, from Show Chrome. I purchased it from Wingstuff. I'm sure it's 11", which is the next size up from the stock windshield.

I don't think you will have an issue seeing over the top of it. There is a slight adjustability when installing it, a 1/2" or so. I'm just under 5'6, and I have no issue seeing over top.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35223-...ccessories-f6b
    Thanks, I'm narrowing it down, a Light Tint ( I think I might miss being able to see lower), a fixed position, It will need to be atleast 11 inches from fairing rubber gasket, and perhaps no more that 13"(?) Klock Works is called a 14", I think its gonna be a risk to try it, and I thinking the unless you get the darker model, the styling advantage of it will not show well enough to justify the extra cost for me.