Never did really like GW's. Until the F6B!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Never did really like GW's. Until the F6B!

Never did really like GW's. Until the F6B!

I might get booted off the forum for saying this. Or applauded? I have always seen the GoldWing as an old person, gaudy, overly chromed out, transformer wannabe. Never had any interest in one. Until I tried the F6B. Yeah, yeah, same bike-except without a whole bunch of nice doo-dads But the look of my blacked out '13 is so unlike any GW I have ever seen. I love it! Am I alone in this?

Ya your out in left field😛. Welcome from Minnesota. Lots here with the same thoughts on theF6B. You should fit in nicely.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CTHarris View Post
    I might get booted off the forum for saying this. Or applauded? I have always seen the GoldWing as an old person, gaudy, overly chromed out, transformer wannabe. Never had any interest in one. Until I tried the F6B. Yeah, yeah, same bike-except without a whole bunch of nice doo-dads But the look of my blacked out '13 is so unlike any GW I have ever seen. I love it! Am I alone in this?

Your entitled to your opinion, I also thought it was an old man's bike until I purchased my Goldwing, I was 44 at the time and the F6B didn't exist. I had several other "cool" bikes in the stable. I purchased the Wing to "flip" , once she arrived I took my COUCH Rocket for a first time ride, fell in love with the creature comforts and she has never left my stable, I have since sold 3 of my other bikes .... the Wing is by far my favorite 2 wheeler.

gaudy, overly chromed out, transformer wannabe, ..... tastefully accessorized Goldwings don't fall into this broad generalization. I like a touch of chrome on my bikes, I also like redheads, blondes and brunettes, theres one for everyone's preference.
    What someone else thinks about your bike is none of your business, customize it to your liking and just ride.
    EVERYONE will reach an age where comfort will prevail over what is "cool" .... some of us decided to start sooner then later Let's ride.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Sort of the same thoughts here, The full wing is a great touring bike but I would never buy one at my age. Love my F6B!

Quote Originally Posted by marmilia View Post
    Sort of the same thoughts here, The full wing is a great touring bike but I would never buy one at my age. Love my F6B!
    Me neither. Hey, i am only 57. Way too young for that! ;-p

I totally agree with Phantom...The Goldwing is a terrific motorcycle and has nothing to do with the age of the rider...Most GW's can out-run, out-handle, and out-tour just about any bike on the road...Those that call it names or make judgment's have most likely never ridden or owned one...I love my F6B as it works for me now and I am almost 76...So as they say "don't knock it till you've tried it"...And too each his own....Just enjoy riding and be happy that you can. Chrome and extras added are a personal thing and have nothing to do with the basic bike....Ride safe

you're wrong it isn't a transformer wannabe

it's a real transformer...Transforms preconceptions, transforms stereotypes, transforms opinions AND effing transformed me to a proud OLD F6B owner.

welcome

Never felt that way. Always thought how fun it would be to coast along the roads of America. Now I can just have a little more fun with a lot less weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CTHarris View Post
    Could not have said it any better!

Only better if it were red.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Machine/Not a Image

At the ripe old age of 65, and after three heavy weight cruisers, my choice of the 6 was on target for me! A red beauty with no bling, plenty of zip and dependability was exactly what I was searching for and got with my purchase of my F6B. I'm well beyond the days of loud pipes and all the chrome which does absolutely zip for comfort and performance. Right from the crate the boxer six delivered unparalleled performance and the handling of this 840+ lb. cruiser speaks for itself. With just over 40K miles on the clock every single mile has been pleasurable and fun. If there's a future bike for me it will definitely be another 6. Not that I need cruise or self canceling turn signals but if there are there I'll take them. New brake pad and three sets of tires are all that has been replaced along with routine oil changes. The OEM spark plugs are in place and performing as the day the bike was new! Dollar for dollar the 6 is a true bargain when it comes to enjoyment. Looking at the full blown Wing, I was too cramped with the seating. The 6 overcame that issue and the rest is history.