Never did really like GW's. Until the F6B! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Never did really like GW's. Until the F6B!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The one thing that bothers me about the F6B is the lack of lean angle; before you start scraping pegs. It has me makes riding this bike more cautiously because of it. Maybe that's a good thing... or a bad thing

It's exacerbated even more with the Kuryakyn 3/4" drop down adapters and #4321 Kinetic pegs I've since installed.

I need to find a better solution to this problem. I may end up reinstalling the stock OEM driver pegs; to get back to some normalcy of taking corners without dragging parts like this.
    Compared to the VTX1300 that was replaced by the 6, the lean angle is awesome! Of course the X had forward floorboards and that never helped anybody's clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I came off a VStar 1100, and the F6B and its additional 250 lbs. easily outperforms it in the curves. There is one tight S-curve on the way to work where the signs advise 25 mph max…I never felt comfortable taking those at more than 40 mph on the Vstar (at 41, the boards would scrape), but 45 mph is no problem on the 6. In fact, if I wanted to push it, I am sure 50 mph is within range based on how easy 45 mph is.
    Are you holding your lane? 25 points off max score for crossing the yellow line......each and every instance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I used to own a GL1500 and one big difference is the engine heat. There was so much heat from the 1500 that if the temperature is over 85 I would sweat up a storm. No so with the B - it's nice and cool riding around town regardless of the heat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    I used to own a GL1500 and one big difference is the engine heat. There was so much heat from the 1500 that if the temperature is over 85 I would sweat up a storm. No so with the B - it's nice and cool riding around town regardless of the heat.
    I had a 1999 Valkyrie and when the fan on that big ole radiator kicked in, it would blow all the hot air right back at ya! Not so on the newer designed B. Also, the older models had a much higher center of gravity.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought they were too big for me to handle.
    Bought a Kaw Concours off a guy who had a Wing, had never got close to one in person before, I thought it was the biggest motorcycle in the world!
    After the Concours I got an ST1300, and now moving the F6B I can see it's just a matter of getting used to the size.
    For this overweight, 50 yr old with a bad back the F6B is a dream!! EVERY time I ride it is a joy, makes my commute to work and home something to look forward to.

Although my wife still won't ride, yet, she always admired the full GW especially the older Aspencades. My response for years was that if Honda ever made a "sport" version of the wing I might take a look at one. The full wing just always like a hulking behemoth compared to all of the other motorcycles I've rode over the years. Then walking into the local dealer back in 2013 what did I spy? A black and a red F6B sitting on the floor. I was love at first sight. It took me 2 years but I got my 6, in the fastest color... black of course. I live this motorcycle!!!! Now to get my wife on it before the weather turns too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by waynerock66 View Post
    Although my wife still won't ride, yet, she always admired the full GW especially the older Aspencades. My response for years was that if Honda ever made a "sport" version of the wing I might take a look at one. The full wing just always like a hulking behemoth compared to all of the other motorcycles I've rode over the years. Then walking into the local dealer back in 2013 what did I spy? A black and a red F6B sitting on the floor. I was love at first sight. It took me 2 years but I got my 6, in the fastest color... black of course. I live this motorcycle!!!! Now to get my wife on it before the weather turns too cold.

"RV-ish" is the term I use to describe the full Wing. Just too much. You get all of the great features in the 6 without the Winnebago look.

SierraKen
    The full wing may be big and bulky looking but there are very few bikes that can stay with it in the twisties with a good driver on board. The big girl is truly a sport bike on steroids. Having said that, I do love the look and feel of my F6b.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    The full wing may be big and bulky looking but there are very few bikes that can stay with it in the twisties with a good driver on board. The big girl is truly a sport bike on steroids. Having said that, I do love the look and feel of my F6b.
    I agree…I have watched some videos of guys tearing it up on big Wings. Plus, the extra 60 lbs. that the full Wing has is not enough to damper the power of that Boxer 6…man, that is the fastest Winnebago one can buy!

Just checkin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I thought they were too big for me to handle.
    Bought a Kaw Concours off a guy who had a Wing, had never got close to one in person before, I thought it was the biggest motorcycle in the world!
    After the Concours I got an ST1300, and now moving the F6B I can see it's just a matter of getting used to the size.
    For this overweight, 50 yr old with a bad back the F6B is a dream!! EVERY time I ride it is a joy, makes my commute to work and home something to look forward to.
    Did you post some bike reviews on youtube? Your bike descriptions sound familiar.