WHY NOT TO BUY A FORD - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WHY NOT TO BUY A FORD

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    As long as we're all over the map now...I HAVE a VW with the 3.0 6cyl diesel- I love it, and I don't give a poop that they gamed the emissions tests...hope I don't lose too much torque, performance, mileage when they do whatever. Love the Honda and haven't gotten a recall notice...yet. I guess a lot of this is luck of the draw and what you are willing to put up with for a marque or vehicle you like. EVERYBODY has a horror story that they attach to a brand- oh well.

Last observation: OUR MOD AND ADMIN ARE TWO OF THE BETTER ONES OF SEEN ON THE MANY FORUMS I'VE BEEN ON. Neutral but assertive when necessary, opinionated, but even handed, (I know that's a contradiction, but they seem to manage to do both. Anyway- thanks for your work guys,; it ain't easy!
    Rick that's funny you said that. I have a customer with a new diesel Passat. He loves it. 50mpg. I was telling him about how much money they set aside for compensation. He wanted to know what they was going to give everyone else cause he was experiencing a lot of pain and suffering. Lots of sleepless nights he said

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Rick that's funny you said that. I have a customer with a new diesel Passat. He loves it. 50mpg. I was telling him about how much money they set aside for compensation. He wanted to know what they was going to give everyone else cause he was experiencing a lot of pain and suffering. Lots of sleepless nights he said
    Ohhh the humanity/pain and suffering. I have the touareg. Amazing- built like a tank. Engine just poulkls and pulls...nice sze toonot too small, not too big. BTW the Passat is a great sedan. I was an Audi guy...now...I guess VW we have the biggest and smallest- a beetle convertable, and the touareg. But about his pain and suffering...ahhhhhlet mommy kiss your boo-booo...yeah!

If I heard the video correctly dude stated that the dealer offered him a loaner and paying half the monthly payments?
    OK I'd take that deal.
    My first car looonng time ago was a Ford Mustang. Had a few others since then and now I drive a P71 CrownVic and love it.
    All of them will fail ,some before others

This is exactly why my wife is in a Honda! Nuff said.........
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I am retired from one of the "big three" auto makers and get a great pension with all the benefits. Worked at their research and engineering center my entire career. I will never, ever ever ever purchase one of their products again. I filed lemon law paperwork on the last one I purchased. Had a serious problem (that I won't go into detail on) and made all the required service attempts at six to eight week intervals. Dealer had been notified of an upcoming service bulletin on the problem but had no fix for it yet. I eventually won my case but got treated horribly by the dealer. The service manager, once being notified by the company of my lemon law claim said that if I pursued it any further the company "was prepared to defend itself", which only pissed me off more. Three days later, he called and said that the company had offered to settle my claim by installing a new engine in the vehicle and also give me a five year 60K bumper to bumper warranty for free. I should note that the vehicle was less than six months old with less than 6K miles when I submitted the claim. Kind of "poisoned the well" if you know what I mean. A Honda Accord sits in my garage now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    I am retired from one of the "big three" auto makers and get a great pension with all the benefits. Worked at their research and engineering center my entire career. I will never, ever ever ever purchase one of their products again. I filed lemon law paperwork on the last one I purchased. Had a serious problem (that I won't go into detail on) and made all the required service attempts at six to eight week intervals. Dealer had been notified of an upcoming service bulletin on the problem but had no fix for it yet. I eventually won my case but got treated horribly by the dealer. The service manager, once being notified by the company of my lemon law claim said that if I pursued it any further the company "was prepared to defend itself", which only pissed me off more. Three days later, he called and said that the company had offered to settle my claim by installing a new engine in the vehicle and also give me a five year 60K bumper to bumper warranty for free. I should note that the vehicle was less than six months old with less than 6K miles when I submitted the claim. Kind of "poisoned the well" if you know what I mean. A Honda Accord sits in my garage now.
    Can only say wow to this!

I have owned many Ford pickups in my time; and still own one to this day. All of them have had problems. The below model years are approximate;

1. 1996 Ford F150 V6 - water pump went out early
    2. 1998 Ford F150 5.4 V8 - rear window leaked three times after repairs; engine developed "piston slap" engine was replaced
    3. 2001 Ford F350 7.3L Diesel - alternator died early, engine developed a infrequent starting issue (would spin but not fire) and no one could figure it out.
    4. 2011 Ford F150 5.0 V8 - I think this one has "piston slap" as well; same audible symptoms.

I only continue to buy Ford's because I am familiar with them. And their inherent failures....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537