Sad day... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day...

Fat lady hasn't sung in the Northeast...

I fancy myself an amateur meteorologist and can tell you with decent certainty that winter will be starting late this year east of the Mississippi...so hold off on winterizing the bike. We will get cold (average) late November, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of days in the 50s and 60s in December...

...Out west...different story.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I fancy myself an amateur meteorologist and can tell you with decent certainty that winter will be starting late this year east of the Mississippi...so hold off on winterizing the bike. We will get cold (average) late November, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of days in the 50s and 60s in December...

...Out west...different story.
    That's what I'm banking on.

bob109,

Where do you stay in Florida as a snow bird?

I have a nice place in Panama City Beach, Florida you might want to consider.
    http://www.vrbo.com/559143

I will give a discount to members of the forum.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    bob109,

Steve
    I'm tucked into a nice RV Park in North Central Florida (Orange Lake)! With a 9 hole golf course in the park and adjacent 2700 acre lake it's hard to beat! A few pics of my accommodations is attached

4627804485_85d9127058_o.jpg4628404912_8ef1df89ea_z.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    bob109,

Steve
    What about in January?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

shooter
    I ride 12 months out of the year. Haven't missed a month since 2011. If I can get 40 plus and some sunshine I'm good for at least a short ride with a set of chaps , JR winter coat , Danner insulated boots and heated gloves. I put on a balaclava under the Neotec and I'm good.

Thumbs up Over & Out!

Took my last ride of a very short season three weeks ago! Snow on the hills, and the roads were salted once already. Roll on 2016...
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Took my last ride of a very short season three weeks ago! Snow on the hills, and the roads were salted once already. Roll on 2016...
    Once they sand the roads, I'm done. Even the day I got hit last year in April, I had to go through sand at the end of an off ramp. My season ended a half mile up the road.

Cool

Not sure I would buy a bike if I could only ride it 8-9 months out of the year...just sayin....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Not sure I would buy a bike if I could only ride it 8-9 months out of the year...just sayin....
    So then probably 50 to 60% of the motorcycle owners in the US shouldn't buy bikes? That's ludicrous. 9 months of pleasure don't sound too bad to most of us. Its kinda like that reverse gear thing. If you live in an area where there is only 8or 9 months riding , you don't know there is anything else. Besides , there has to be time for mods.