Protecting the soft Honda paint with a polymer coating?

Thread: Protecting the soft Honda paint with a polymer coating?

Protecting the soft Honda paint with a polymer coating?

Has anyone thought of (or actually tried) to coat their F6B with a polymer or ceramic coating such as the professional Opti-Coat, or consumer available Gloss Coat, CQuartz, etc.? The paint on my 2013 gets scratches so easily, I can't help but wonder if a professional protection job would make a significant difference for us worthy of the investment. Not having a clear coat on the crap paint makes me wonder about this.

(Please, no mentions of Liquid Glass or other "polishes" here. I am speaking specifically about the expensive stuff you get in a syringe.)

Quote Originally Posted by GothamVengeance View Post
    Has anyone thought of (or actually tried) to coat their F6B with a polymer or ceramic coating such as the professional Opti-Coat, or consumer available Gloss Coat, CQuartz, etc.? The paint on my 2013 gets scratches so easily, I can't help but wonder if a professional protection job would make a significant difference for us worthy of the investment. Not having a clear coat on the crap paint makes me wonder about this.

(Please, no mentions of Liquid Glass or other "polishes" here. I am speaking specifically about the expensive stuff you get in a syringe.)
    You appear to be mis-informed! The product you identified is a pure polymer which contains absolutely "no wax"! So hard is its finish that should it have to be removed for "paint work" the recommended method is mineral spirits and 0000 steel wool. To me, that indicates one hard finish. If your desire is to have a mirror finish, without the potential for swirl marks, just have your bike "clear coated" and be done with it! Regarding the "expensive stuff in a syringe", it assures you nothing unless you're "shooting it your arm" then everything including your paint will look good Sorry! I just couldn't resist

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I'm thinking of this more from the protection angle rather than being concerned with a shiny finish. So that's why I'm wondering if anyone else has tried one of these hard coatings on a motorcycle (instead of having to wax/polish the bIke multiple times/year).

I just finished doing my '6 with Klassé AIO and Sealant Glaze. I've sworn by it on my cars for over ten years and it did an absolutely wonderful job on my '6 as well. Even the 'crinkle' finish on the fairing parts.

It takes three days to do the job right....and you have to be very careful how you do it (it helps if you have a good quality buffer and the associated supplies as well). But, if you're willing to put in the time and effort, you'll never even think about wax again.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

What about those who have the scratches already does this paint buff out to a decent finish. Like a do over so liquid glass can be used