Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(

Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(

Just a typical day to us fair weather riders - and yea, it really gets hot in the summer down here in the Sunshine State. No state income tax and a 12 month riding season kinda make up for it though LOL!

Attachment 17646

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    Just a typical day to us fair weather riders - and yea, it really gets hot in the summer down here in the Sunshine State. No state income tax and a 12 month riding season kinda make up for it though LOL!

Attachment 17646
    I WAS going to report this as an offensive post Then I remembered Autum upstate NY in the Adirondacks...and hills and twistys and 80 degrees as summer...not 100's; and I pitied the poor Floridian. {Can I visit next month PLEEZE}

Been there and done that in the Adirondacks. Spent some riding time in the Lake Placid area and have to admit that upstate NY is an absolutely beautiful part of this country. I lived for years in upstate Michigan so the cold and snow is nothing new to me. Been around Florida's gulf coast for over twenty years now and could never go back. I do miss the seasons however.

Ya... but Floriduh is .....soooo flat. And boring.

Nothing but straight, boring roads. Boring... except for the numerous, gray haired mouth breathers whom didn't see ya when they cut you off.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I WAS going to report this as an offensive post ...
    Not an offensive post, just a reminder that the Florida members wouldn't last 5 minutes up here in the great white north.

HA!

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I WAS going to report this as an offensive post Then I remembered Autum upstate NY in the Adirondacks...and hills and twistys and 80 degrees as summer...not 100's; and I pitied the poor Floridian. {Can I visit next month PLEEZE}
    Oh snap, what a great reply. I just came back from a 40 mile ride; it is 43 F outside and windy. A little chilly, but roads were dry, scenery on the Lake Ontario shoreline was great, and the F6B/Madstad combo keeps me fairly warm with just some long underwear, jeans, pull-over and armor jacket.

When my bike goes away, the snowmobiles come out. I still like riding sleds more than bikes, though those two are getting closer each year. I ride about 2500 miles per year all over NYS snowmobile trails, and have a camp up north in an area that gets 200" of snow annually.

Come late March, early April…out comes the bike for another 7-8 months. I enjoy the time away; snowmobiling as more safe, more exhilarating, and when I get sick of that sport, it is time for the bike to come out anyway.

You guys are just jealous . . . .

MAYBE...SOMETIMES...A LITTLE.
    But, at the end of the day (I hate that expression), I am where I am.

Jealous? Of what? We have vacationed in Florida several times(family's choice,not mine)and I've seen enough of it to last me several lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Jealous? Of what? We have vacationed in Florida several times(family's choice, not mine)and I've seen enough of it to last me several lifetimes.
    Ya know, you're right! After 21 years down here, I've seen enough of it too, enough for several lifetimes in fact! Maybe I should think about moving. I have to admit, I've really grown tired of the great weather, the sunshine, the beaches (and of course the babes), the 12 month riding season, Daytona bike week, the annual 12 Hours of Sebring race and well, you know, everything else we suffer with down here. I lived in Texas for a while, now there was a great place to live, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Lived in Kansas too, another great place. And I just remembered, I lived in Kentucky for a while - and oh yea, Michigan. I even lived in Taipei, Taiwan for a few years, but we won't get into that. And speaking of Indiana, when I used to belong to the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners of America), I went down to Shakamak Lake State Park near Jasonville, IN for a rally each year. Beautiful country around there, love to go back! But ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should just stay here and suffer. Getting to old to move anyway, and then there's that income tax thing. But I promise, the next time I'm out riding I'll really make an effort to think about all the other places I could live. So that's it, after a lot of thought, I decided, I'm staying here!

PS: please don't take this too serious, the thread was meant to be humorous