Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh - you poor snow bound boys up north -:(

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    Ya know, you're right! After 21 years down here, I've seen enough of it too, enough for several lifetimes in fact! Maybe I should think about moving. I have to admit, I've really grown tired of the great weather, the sunshine, the beaches (and of course the babes), the 12 month riding season, Daytona bike week, the annual 12 Hours of Sebring race and well, you know, everything else we suffer with down here. I lived in Texas for a while, now there was a great place to live, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Lived in Kansas too, another great place. And I just remembered, I lived in Kentucky for a while - and oh yea, Michigan. I even lived in Taipei, Taiwan for a few years, but we won't get into that. And speaking of Indiana, when I used to belong to the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners of America), I went down to Shakamak Lake State Park near Jasonville, IN for a rally each year. Beautiful country around there, love to go back! But ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should just stay here and suffer. Getting to old to move anyway, and then there's that income tax thing. But I promise, the next time I'm out riding I'll really make an effort to think about all the other places I could live. So that's it, after a lot of thought, I decided, I'm staying here!

PS: please don't take this too serious, the thread was meant to be humorous
    There is something really satisfying about thinking of all the places you could live...and have the means to, and deciding that where you are is the best choice...the grass only seems greener for a minute. If it seems greener for much longer- it might be time to move. Good thread.

Over here in Kansas...

...if you don't like the weather, just wait half a day. This time of year we typically start out somewhere in the 40's and end up in the 60's or 70's. Although, I have a feeling those upper temps are coming to an end soon.

Give me 2 - 3 weeks of winter, ALL with snow, and then I'm good with 60's and above the rest of the year. I'd MUCH rather endure the hot than the cold.
    Psalm 34

shooter
    [QUOTE=F6B1911;101645]Not an offensive post, just a reminder that the Florida members wouldn't last 5 minutes up here in the great white north.[/QUOTE
    Wussies one and all. 68 degrees today. Did 240 miles on some of the twistiest roads you will find. MO has some of the greatest MC roads in our Nation. I feel sorry for the Florida contingent.

[QUOTE=shooter;101700]
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Not an offensive post, just a reminder that the Florida members wouldn't last 5 minutes up here in the great white north.[/QUOTE
    Wussies one and all. 68 degrees today. Did 240 miles on some of the twistiest roads you will find. MO has some of the greatest MC roads in our Nation. I feel sorry for the Florida contingent.
    Hey, that was really a great reply and obviously well thought out. What are wussies anyway? Kind of makes me feel inferior. I'll have to go out to the garage and have a talk with that blue motorcycle sitting out there and see what she thinks about me always being on top . . . . . . Ok, she said I could ride her any time and not to feel inferior, just be sure to stay on the flat roads, maybe a drive along the ocean would be nice.

Not to mention

Just a typical day to us fair weather riders - and yea, it really gets hot in the summer down here in the Sunshine State. No state income tax and a 12 month riding season kinda make up for it though LOL!

Attachment 17646
    Not to mention the tires melting off your ride in the summer time and wearing out your machine twice as fast as our which are tucked away for part of the year. Just saying!

Went to the beach yesterday , stopped at a " lookout" point and got shocked !!!!! Temp 70* sunny, lite breeze !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Are we really arguing about the weather?
    I loves me some upstate NY/New England riding but right now my 6 is in a baggie so....heading south would be a wonderful thing, even if the roads arent as twisty etc. Would love the best of both worlds but for me the job and family prevent that scenario. I'm jealous of anyone who is riding when I cant.

My friend from Florida told me it's best to ride in the eye of the hurricane.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Not to mention the tires melting off your ride in the summer time and wearing out your machine twice as fast as our which are tucked away for part of the year. Just saying!
    You're so right. Don't even have a come-back for that one. Terrible thing having to keep the bike out all year . . . and those tires melting like that, no wonder I have to replace them so often. You could have told me that before, duh . . .

Edit: Well, I guess I'll sign off of this thread, it's just been too much fun. I know you're all happy with where you are as am I, and rightly so, so let's just call it a day, and as they say, keep the rubber side down.

Your Welcome

You're so right. Don't even have a come-back for that one. Terrible thing having to keep the bike out all year . . . and those tires melting like that, no wonder I have to replace them so often. You could have told me that before, duh . . .

Edit: Well, I guess I'll sign off of this thread, it's just been too much fun. I know you're all happy with where you are as am I, and rightly so, so let's just call it a day, and as they say, keep the rubber side down.
    Your welcome on our twisty windy roads up here in Michigan anytime you want to try them out. And a excellent amount of scenery to go with them.....