Ram Mount Garmin Zumo 590
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram Mount Garmin Zumo 590

Ram Mount Garmin Zumo 590

Does anyone have any pictures of there garmin 590 mounted to the handlebars?

Darryl

my gps is suction cupped to the windscreen for HUD! but I have a double RAM ball mount on my left side handle bar.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Here ya go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

After a little trial an error I got it all squared away and all the wires hidden. Looks great, just need to get some pics.

Not a Zumo but I have traveled across the country many times with my Garmin Monterra.

Attachment 17704
    2015-05-03 13.40.03.jpg
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Handlebar Mount Position

Does the handlebar mount put the gps too close to your face? Is it easy to change the info on the screen? I like mine dead center, but can't find a mount that would do this with my setup with the Klockwerks. This has been a big issue for me. I love to ride with a GPS as my eyes aren't fantastic and it's how I know the names of the streets coming up. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

GPS mount

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Not a Zumo but I have traveled across the country many times with my Garmin Monterra.

Attachment 17704
    Attachment 17705
    It looks like you tapped into the handlebar. Great idea!!! Can you post pic without the mount attached? And, post a brief explanation of what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Does the handlebar mount put the gps too close to your face? Is it easy to change the info on the screen? I like mine dead center, but can't find a mount that would do this with my setup with the Klockwerks. This has been a big issue for me. I love to ride with a GPS as my eyes aren't fantastic and it's how I know the names of the streets coming up. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.
    F6BisNext - As you can see from my photos, I mounted my Garmin using a stock RAM mount that screws into the clutch reservoir bracket with one additional mount to raise it a few inches. I find that this is not too close to me (but of course everyone's eyes are different) and is in a good position for left handed use. I had thought of trying to get it mounted dead center, but it was a little harder, and since I have it on the left side, I am used to it now and will leave it there. I ran the power wires down along the handlebars and to the back of the left hand cubby to hook it up to the 12V power that is right behind that cubby. This routing also lets you connect the audio output into the F6B audio in that is also in that vicinity (I didn't do this because I use a bluetooth helmet (Sena 10 - works great with both the Garmin and my iPhone).
    Attachment 17710Attachment 17711Attachment 17712

Thanks for the info

If my buddy can't fabricate a dead center mount I might go this route. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    If my buddy can't fabricate a dead center mount I might go this route. Thanks for the input.
    Here are some center console installs.

Installed-Zumo-590LM-on-center-console