My new helmet...

Thread: My new helmet...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new helmet...

Attachment 17716

My Multi-Tech felt like a cinderblock strapped to my head compared to this helmet! Shoei J-Cruise, light, quiet, and the sun visor is fantastic. I know, 3/4 helmet, not enough protection By the looks of the fit and finish on this thing I'm sure it can take a hit, and it's the most comfortable helmet I've worn in 25 years of riding. So anyone currently looking for helmets, I give this one two thumbs up.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Everything I've ever owned in Shoei has been ultra comfortable. Good looking helmet.

Great Helmet!

I have one too. I have a multitech too. SHoei's seem to fit my big noggin'. I love the ability to see in the J-Cruise and switch out to a dark tint shied for day rides. Have to look into a changing lens so I don't have to carry two.

I have 3 of them in different models. Just in the last few years have a put a premium on quality head gear. The $40 half helmets were fine while riding the Harleys.

Two of my biggest disappointments were with Nolan and HJC. I loved the Nolan and the quality was out of this world, but it just would not fit the shape of my head. As much as I loved it, it was very uncomfortable to the forehead.

The HJC BT was a wonderful piece of headgear, but it was only after I wore it for a short 1/2 hour ride did I notice how heavy it was. That was behing the fairing/shield of the B which we all know is a lot of protection in itself. Sold it on eBay after 30 minutes of use.

Shoei makes a high quality helmet that offers some of the best protection in a very comfortable and lightweight fit. My only complaint is that I wish they had the ratchet style strap like the Nolan, but that is just me. I own 3 Shoeis and 4 Bells and and I wear these 95% of the time. The variations of the 5 other helmets I own mostly just sit on the shelf. I would give them away if somebody would come get them.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also have the Shoei J-Cruise 3/4 helmet and really prefer it over all the others I have used..I do have a HJC 3/4 helmet with no face shield that I ride with on really hot summer days and it is nice, but the noise level is far greater...A couple of minor drawbacks to the Shoei is, I cannot get my glasses under the thing no matter how I try, and with the shields down the "drone" from my Cobra pipes is a little louder...but I can live with both as I can see okay without my distance glasses, just wish I could figure out how to get them on under the Shoei..Best helmet for the money in my humble opinion.....Ride safe