Why is this so difficult ???

Thread: Why is this so difficult ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a big round Charlie Brown head XXXL I have a hell of a time even finding big enough helmets to try on. My current helmets are 3 HJCs, 2 mods 1 fullface, and 1 Aria fullface. The Aria needed some trimming and carving. The HJCs were good out of the box.

A helmet should fit your head snugly; and they will break in a little bit with repeated wear.

many people buy a helmet one size too large; thinking it fits them better because it is more comfortable.

For years, I had always purchased a XL helmet; only to find out one day that I should have been wearing a Large all of that time.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I feel your pain. I swear I must currently have 20 helmets....full-face, modulars, Harley half and quarter helmets, etc. The absolutely best fitting helmet I have ever owned is an Arai Quantum II. Unfortunately, Arai discontinued that helmet line. I wear Shoei RF 1100 and 1200 helmets....pretty good fit but I have to get thinner cheek pads than those that come with those helmets (33mm). I have a Lazer carbon fiber that is pretty comfy too. I can't wear an HJC or Scorpion. Just can't get them to fit correctly with my round head shape...too many hot spots and pressure points.

You think you have problems!...

I wear a HJC 5XL...why? because its the only one I could find that fits my apparently huge noggin. And even then, HJC offers 5XL in only a few models.

I have stopped at every place I pass just to try on helmets of all kinds, and so far the HJC 5XL is my ONLY choice for now.

www.lidpicker.com

I am on a mailing list for a company I have purchased Gear from in the past. Last month I was sent info on Lid Picker to help with Helmet purchases. I do not need a new Helmet so I have not looked into it, but it may be worth a look for you. www.lidpicker.com

You need to find the brand that fits and not change brands...they are all different by brand !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You need to find the brand that fits and not change brands...they are all different by brand !
    Very true statement! I am a bit of a cone head guy, and depending on brand I have everything from Small half helmets to large modular. Got to try them on for sure.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]