Why is this so difficult ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is this so difficult ???

You need to find the brand that fits and not change brands...they are all different by brand !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You need to find the brand that fits and not change brands...they are all different by brand !
    Very true statement! I am a bit of a cone head guy, and depending on brand I have everything from Small half helmets to large modular. Got to try them on for sure.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Within Brands shape are different too.

I have had very similar trouble finding a helmet that is comfortable to wear. I can't tell you how many felt good, until I wore them an hour and then wound up giving them away.

I have found that Shoei fits me best, however, within Shoei the shapes can vary also. I am tempted to try the lid picker service too.

There is a page on webbikeworld which shows the various shapes by manufacturer. You can find the helmet that fits you and then look for a similar shape profile. Here's the link:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

They don't sell helmets, they just review. Great sight for info on lots of motorcycle related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    I have had very similar trouble finding a helmet that is comfortable to wear. I can't tell you how many felt good, until I wore them an hour and then wound up giving them away.

I have found that Shoei fits me best, however, within Shoei the shapes can vary also. I am tempted to try the lid picker service too.

There is a page on webbikeworld which shows the various shapes by manufacturer. You can find the helmet that fits you and then look for a similar shape profile. Here's the link:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

They don't sell helmets, they just review. Great sight for info on lots of motorcycle related stuff.
    webbikeworld is a great place to research almost any motorcycle gear first. Once you have determined your individual head shape and size, it narrows the playing field...then I have found Revzilla's free return policy to be very helpful.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Helmets are like seats, everybody will require something different. For me I have a Bell "Pitboss" half helmet that I have owned for years and absolutely love the fit and comfort of it. Now full face helmets are a complete nightmare, I can never find one that don't put pressure on my forehead crown and cause pain and splitting headaches after an hour or so. I have tried almost all brands with Nolan being the worst and Shoei being real good but they all do it to varying degrees so I keep going back to my trusty Bell.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I was just on a Bell web sight and some time next year they will have a electronic machine that will measure your head for a perfect
    fit custom helmet the cost of the helmet will be lowered the service adds $350 dollars to the cost of the helmet 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Shoei Neotech I have a big head with nothing in it but this helmet fits great and is the best helmet I have ever worn. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

I too have a hard time finding a helmet that fits. It seems like a helmet that the dealer says fits me is always too tight and has certain pressure points that give me headaches.
    I usually buy a XXL , but after a while it is too roomy, and slides around a lot. So I bought a XL, which I fought was too tight. So I put a soccer ball in it and inflated it and left it there for about a week or two. Now it fits like a glove. No pressure points, No headaches.

Here is a question I have pondered for about 10 years now. Why do only full face helmets get the cool graphics?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

The last few full face helmets that I've purchased have come from CycleGear. They usually have a good selection, but the bigger deal is that they have a great return policy. (one of the few vendors that I know of who offer such a thing) Usually once you walk out of the store with a helmet it's yours no matter what. These guys have (at least I assume they still do this?) a 30 day return policy. Buy it, try it… if you don't like it bring it back and try another one. They won't refund your money, but I always thought it was a great way to get one that works for you.