Why is this so difficult ??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is this so difficult ???

I have a fairly large head and use a Seer. I could sleep in it. Very comfortable. Quite often when we stop as a group I'm the only one that just keeps the helmet on at times, forget to take it off! They're not cheap though, popular with motor cops as well

Anytime you force a square peg in a round hole there will be pain!!

Here in PA helmets are not required. Unfortunately, the surrounding states do require them causing hours of pain and prayer for the border line.

It ain't easy being a square on a round world.

Sorry for the diversion but helmets are a sore spot in my world.

GaTeach
    helmets suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Let's all move to Florida or South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    helmets suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Let's all move to Florida or South Carolina.
    I am all for freedom of choice regarding that sentiment. I personally; would feel very vulnerable without one.

Had a kid acting stupid several years ago on a rice rocket; late at night while I was lying in my bed at home. He was zooming up and down the street constantly. Then I heard his bike crash right in front of my house.

Got outta bed and threw on my jeans; ran outside and there was this young kid laying face down in the gutter in front of my house; bike was in pieces beyond him down the street; and his helmet was also in the debris field. The chinstrap was not fastened and it ripped off of his head when he impacted into the asphalt.

Big pool of blood around his head in the gutter... he was still alive when I got to him and he was trying to get up. And then he died as I was talking to him and trying to get him to stay still until the ambulance/fire arrived.

You make your choices. That is what defines the longevity of your life.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Like seat belts! They suck too! It should be a choice, now I do wear a helmet but not always but only wear a seat belt when I think someone's looking, seen too many people burn up hanging upside down in crashed cars when my dad was running fire dept.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike