Private sale question...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Private sale question...

Private sale question...

Found a bike good price some extras included ...
    2013 w/1,300 miles.. $13.5.....

Problem is my bank only will make check to seller.. Now i know this is bad since there's no way to know if it's legit or not?

Is there anyway the seller can verify the check?
    Is there another way to go about this?
    Cash is not an option since I don't want to carry that amount several states away .........

Or should I just forget the hassle and buy from dealer .. I will pay more and have to add all the accessories that are already on the used one... But the transaction would be easier..

The seller should be able to go to his bank with that check and they can verify on the spot with your bank. The banks are not only there to hoard your money and pay you peanuts of interest. They will provide a service if you push them. I see you are in NJ so the Glock insurance for traveling with a large sum of cash is not an option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 06Blackpearl View Post

Problem is my bank only will make check to seller.. Now i know this is bad since there's no way to know if it's legit or not?

Cash is not an option since I don't want to carry that amount several states away .........

Or should I just forget the hassle and buy from dealer .. I will pay more and have to add all the accessories that are already on the used one... But the transaction would be easier..
    Bought my new bike at local dealer who would not accept personal checks. Had to get Certified Check at the bank, which is payable to seller. Seems like a safe way to go.
    Even with a Certified Check, they called the bank to verify that the check was good.
    Apparently they were burned with a fake bank check for $20,000.00 a couple of months back.

I don't see an issue as long as you ride off with the bike with proper paperwork.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Ok thanks......
    I will suggest meeting at his bank to verify then check out the bike...

I assumed there had to be a way to Verify but never dealt with a private sale ... All my bikes been new off floor...

shooter

I have one word for you. CASH. Its not a problem carrying cash. Just dont flash it. Who's gonna know. You're just Joe Blow walking down the street. $13000 isn't that big a stack. Front pocket shirt untucked.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have one word for you. CASH. Its not a problem carrying cash. Just dont flash it. Who's gonna know. You're just Joe Blow walking down the street. $13000 isn't that big a stack. Front pocket shirt untucked.
    Guess you haven't seen a pic of blackpearl from Brigantine. He's got bling bichhhh.

Attachment 17785
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    He knows I'm coming maybe he really doesn't have a bike and needs money???
    Just saying...

Ok thanks......
    I will suggest meeting at his bank to verify then check out the bike...

I assumed there had to be a way to Verify but never dealt with a private sale ... All my bikes been new off floor...
    Yep, make arrangement with the seller to meet at a branch of his or your bank during business hrs.(no after dark in the back parking lot).
    Him with title in hand, you with certified check made out to him. Bank can and will verify the validity of check and you can look at title to be sure it matched the VIN of the bike and that it is free and clear of any liens. This is a very safe and easy way to make the transaction when dealing with an unknown seller IMO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I took a bank check to a sale 3 states away and his bank called to verify funds and it was approved on the spot. Just make sure you meet someplace safe and during banking hours (week day) don't let that check leave your hand without a receipt and all paperwork in place, banks also have a notary on staff for the legal stuff. You can also print off a "bill of sale" on the net and just fill in the blanks when you get there. I would not go with cash, if a nut would rob a bank he would have no problem robbing you in their parking lot!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike