Private sale question... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Private sale question...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    You can ask the seller to fax or email a copy of the title so you can have any Honda dealer run the VIN to check for any recalls, crashes, etc. If the seller is legit, he should have no problem doing this.

Since you are "several states" away from the seller, why not find another Forum member who lives near the seller who can go out and inspect the bike for you...as well as give you his impression of the situation. We used to do this on the GL1800riders forum all the time. Most Forum members are good guys who would be happy to help you out.

Have you seen lots of good pictures of this bike? It sounds like you may have somewhat of a queasy feeling about this seller...trust your gut...
    Yes I have pics ... If there's a member her that wouldn't mind I sure would appreciate but I didn't think of asking that as I'm pretty new to this forum....

I have no concern other than checking the bike out for myself getting him paid and me a bike..
    He asked for cash which I said the bank ain't giving me cash there giving me a check made out to him.. (That's what made me ask you guys here)

I'll see what happens in a few days . As the bank will require the vin number seller info etc.. Before check is written...

Quote Originally Posted by 06Blackpearl View Post
    Yes I have pics ... If there's a member her that wouldn't mind I sure would appreciate but I didn't think of asking that as I'm pretty new to this forum....

I have no concern other than checking the bike out for myself getting him paid and me a bike..
    He asked for cash which I said the bank ain't giving me cash there giving me a check made out to him.. (That's what made me ask you guys here)

I'll see what happens in a few days . As the bank will require the vin number seller info etc.. Before check is written...
    So if the bank needs a vin and seller info and will only issue a check, you must be getting a bank loan. That makes a bit of difference on how you need to process the transaction. If you are doing a loan, is there a fee to pay it off early? I ask because if the sale does not go through and you return the check to the bank you may still be on the hook for some interest and or other fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    So if the bank needs a vin and seller info and will only issue a check, you must be getting a bank loan. That makes a bit of difference on how you need to process the transaction. If you are doing a loan, is there a fee to pay it off early? I ask because if the sale does not go through and you return the check to the bank you may still be on the hook for some interest and or other fees.
    Yes it is a loan... There is no fees for early payoff and if I don't go through just bring check back find another bike in the allotted time frame and they will issue another for the same amount ...