Disappointed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disappointed

+1

I just think Ken is blowing his own horn again

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

UnHappy

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    Don't know if any others have purchased this Show Chrome wide foot side stand but I for one am really unhappy / dissatisfied with it. The picture only tells half the story. First, while installing, I found out that the pivot slot on this stand is more than .030" wider than the pivot slot on the OEM Honda stand and was such a sloppy fit that I had to fabricate and install a .027" hardened shim (that's all I had on hand) just to take out the slop. Doesn't sound like much but was really a loose fit.

Secondly, take a look at the picture. It appears that the foot of the stand is 90 degrees to the shaft, which would be ok if the stand was perpendicular to the ground, but it's not. I'd estimate the stand to be 190 to 195 degrees when in the down position, and as a result only the trailing edge of the foot sits on the ground. The foot should have an angled offset to the shaft probably 10 to 15 degrees to sit level on the ground. I'm one of those who does not always park on a paved surface so a wider, more supportive foot appealed to me. I will now look for a less expensive alternative and this piece of #5d$^54 will go in the trash. Unfortunately, this is the second Show Chrome product I've purchased and have had to modify both. Would I recommend Show Chrome products, a resounding NO! I don't see them on the supporting vendor list, but if they are, too bad. Build a better product and you won't get reviews like this.

PS. I make these comments after a career as a mechanical engineer. I know from experience that it's just as easy to engineer something correctly as to engineer something incorrectly.

Attachment 17811
    Makes you wonder how this makes it through the quality control (?). Thanks for letting us know as soon as you could.