Disappointed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I installed the Rivco Sidestand Pad shortly after I got my F6B in 2013. It's a perfect fit, installs with a single set screw, and with a drop of blue LocTite on the set screw, has been solid as a rock ever since. The footprint is large enough to do the job, yet it remains unobtrusive. At only $29.95, I'd recommend it.
    +1 this pad works great.Been on my 2013 since new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I installed the Rivco Sidestand Pad shortly after I got my F6B in 2013. It's a perfect fit, installs with a single set screw, and with a drop of blue LocTite on the set screw, has been solid as a rock ever since. The footprint is large enough to do the job, yet it remains unobtrusive. At only $29.95, I'd recommend it.
    Thanks for the pad info. Didn't know that such products existed other than the throw down types.

Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Ahhhh.... but that's not the point is it?
    Why wasn't the product manufactured to the correct tolerances?
    Only in God I Trust! Everyone else pays cash! There's more than enough "Manufactured Products" which don't fit the bill! Personal experiences give me the incentive to be creative and continually look for the better trap. Spending top dollars for what amounts to be garbage/trash make no sense. There is a assumption, by most, that a "after market manufactured part" will do the job when in fact it winds up on a garage shelf unused and unwanted after hard earned bucks are spent! I'll take "Home Brewed Parts" over $hit aftermarket parts any day and that is the point Building/fabricating parts that will fit and last, is not only gratifying but worth the effort and experience IMHO

shooter
    I've got the Kury oversize stand and no problems. It functions good , fits good and looks good.

Wingstuff

Wingstuff also has a bigger footprint side stand for the F6B and its a chrome piece!

shooter
    I think that's a Kury piece Dog. I think I got mine from Wingstuff.

For the few times I park on a soft surface I just keep one of the "free" throw down pucks in the left cubby. Grab it when needed, throw it down and place stand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    For the few times I park on a soft surface I just keep one of the "free" throw down pucks in the left cubby. Grab it when needed, throw it down and place stand.

Same here.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I would throw out a "caution" to any aggressive riders who have an interest in adding a sidestand pad. Any of the ones I've seen that add width to the leading edge (that's pretty much all of them) will seriously drag in the corners. While the Rivco pad I experimented with was beautifully made and a quality piece, it severely impinged on cornering clearance. Even after grinding off much of the leading edge, it was still a problem and had to be removed. Of course, if you're not an aggressive rider, maybe it's not so much of an issue
    Ken (Hornblower)

shooter
    Yeah Ken , so far my side stand with the oversize foot doesn't drag. I've tried , but no luck.