Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
I guess my question is.......why do some have an issue with paint and some do not. I, fortunatly, do not have a paint issue. If their (Honda) paint process has not be changed, then all of us should have the issue. Maybe they (Honda) noticed the issue on the first run lot of plastic and then fixed it? Are these plastic panels painted and more than one facility? Could be one facility has the wrong process? I waxed my bike last week for the foirst time and NO paint on cloth. I am concerned about no clear coat and I am going to look into clear coat of the panels I have, if that can even be done. I have a very good friend who is a custom painter and he will know if it can be done. Good luck to all of you who do have a paint problem, I do hope you get it fixed.
My red F6B has paint issues. It's soft and subject to marring if careless, but so were my 2006 black ST1300 and red 2012 Goldwing. If I work at it I can get some minor red transfer, but so far but it either took using a swirl remover and one of Mother's foam buffing balls, or a quick rub with isopropyl alcohol. The major concern was the scratching from the protective covering over the saddlebags when shipped.

My VIN ends in 2089. Is that close to yours? It would seem that if Honda changed anything in the process it would be linked by VIN.

The concern for the future will be any potential loss of value due to poor paint. Buyers and dealers will discount any F6B or Goldwing if there's a known issue with the paint on some.