Miles, your frustration is real and suggestion of starting a complaint process a good one. For support I'd contact a professional painter and/or paint supplier familiar with whatever process Honda currently is using. An example from another thread: http://www.uspaint.com/paints/Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B.asp There may be others.

I'd want to know if the soft paint issue is a function of Honda's painting process and materials that mar easily despite being correctly applied. I'm not a painter but my F6B has softer paint that's subject to scratching and swirls more than any vehicle I've previously owned, with the possible exception of my former 2012 red Goldwing Level III. The current finish may be all Honda is capable of, or willing to produce.

I'd never use an abrasive wax or polish on the F6B, and only a scratch and swirl reducer if required.

Edit. As many here have already discovered, the soft paint issue has been discussed on other Forums for 2012/13 Goldwings. I agree that there's no clear surface coating typical of modern shiny paint we've grown to expect from quality manufacturers. I installed a fender extender tonight, and in cleaning the fender with isopropyl alcohol per Honda's recommendation I easily pulled a very little red paint from the fender. The finish was unmarred by the alcohol and no protective clear coating over the paint.