Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
My courteous reply to both the Dealer and Honda was that I was not happy with the paint, was concerned about eventual abnormal loss of value due to the excessive paint maintenance requirements beyond that which the Owner's Manual addresses, and would have not purchased the motorcycle had I known about what I feel is a serious problem or defect in construction.
Honda hires some pretty bright folks with healthy salaries to draft warranty language that protects them. That's right y'all warranties are not designed to protect the consumer, they are designed to protect the manufacturers and the vendors. Additionally the bike's intended purpose or operational safety right at this moment is not impacted by the paint issue.

You and others may find that until you actually sell your motorbike, the loss of value cannot be determined. IF at time of sale you can demonstrate how the actual selling price is lower than market value and can directly be attributed to the perceived poor paint you might have some ammo.

I think warranty is a non starter unless someone can prove Honda was aware or ought to have been aware of paint quality issues, or Honda acknowledges it outright.

If Honda capitulates on this issue it will be out of good will and probably on a case by case basis. Lucky for us Honda has exercised goodwill in the past so there is hope.