I too have talked to customer ( lack of ) service, Been to the dealer, jumped through all of the normal hoops and even sent a letter to the big dog in Cali whose name and address were in another thread.

I don't in any way claim to be an expert in paint but have been involved in manufacturing processes all my life and some experience in testing.
Honda knew long before they released any of these machines what the quality levels were. To think a major corporation did not perform mill thickness, abrasion, adhesion, aging, curing, and gloss testing is absurd. They allowed a product into market assuming the buyers would accept this quality level, and hope to continue the same production without the cost of change well into the future. Hopefully those of us that are making noise will be heard and something done, but I would not hold your breath. They know using the rock solid platform affords them some leniency
in other areas to control costs. However, in my opinion a 20K bike should be high end and personally I want mine to look great most of the time with little effort in regards to polishing and buffing. I also agree with Miles and am not a happy camper. If I choose to keep this bike it will be repainted with a quality finish. If I decide otherwise, I will go another direction and never look back all the while knowing my personal decision is hardly of any concern to Honda.