Bad Paint....New Thread ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Paint....New Thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I guess my question is.......why do some have an issue with paint and some do not. I, fortunatly, do not have a paint issue. If their (Honda) paint process has not be changed, then all of us should have the issue. Maybe they (Honda) noticed the issue on the first run lot of plastic and then fixed it? Are these plastic panels painted and more than one facility? Could be one facility has the wrong process? I waxed my bike last week for the foirst time and NO paint on cloth. I am concerned about no clear coat and I am going to look into clear coat of the panels I have, if that can even be done. I have a very good friend who is a custom painter and he will know if it can be done. Good luck to all of you who do have a paint problem, I do hope you get it fixed.
    When I first got my bike I thought my paint was fine too. But I did notice the "feel" of the paint was not right. It didn't feel smooth to the touch like a quality paint would. I also noticed there are inconsistencies in the different areas of the paint. If my whole bike was painted like the front fender was I wouldn't have an issue but the rear in is the worst part of my bike. It's always scratched easy but then I noticed red showing up on my wax pad(that's never a good sign). I also had a spot of grease or something on it and when I wiped it off it showed a raised area. All of these signs tell me that this is an inferior paint job. The paint should feel glass smooth after waxing it and it just doesn't in most areas.

I've been down to the dealership and they have taken pictures and sent them into Honda(I hope) and filled out the form. I guess we need to just keep making noise. It angers me to hear them say they haven't had very many complaints.

I'm sure you will start seeing the same issues after time. I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
    I guess my question is.......why do some have an issue with paint and some do not. I, fortunatly, do not have a paint issue. If their (Honda) paint process has not be changed, then all of us should have the issue. Maybe they (Honda) noticed the issue on the first run lot of plastic and then fixed it? Are these plastic panels painted and more than one facility? Could be one facility has the wrong process? I waxed my bike last week for the foirst time and NO paint on cloth. I am concerned about no clear coat and I am going to look into clear coat of the panels I have, if that can even be done. I have a very good friend who is a custom painter and he will know if it can be done. Good luck to all of you who do have a paint problem, I do hope you get it fixed.
    Good question. I have no idea if they are manufacturing in different locations. I too asked Wing Bling if they could just clear coat and they told me the original paint was so thin they would prefer not to. In the prep the chance is good they might go completely through the original paint and have to repaint anyway. I have no doubt you are correct in what you say about you not having the problem, but I have seen two locally that made the same statement and when I looked closely at their bikes they in fact had "A" problem. Hopefully yours and several others will remain problem free.
    I have never had any paint on a polishing cloth either but my bike will swirl and scratch with a light touch of my finger. I know that black vehicles like mine can and will show everything under the sun, but this thing is really bad. I also have a black 2500 Dodge Ram CTD that has had much less care than this bike and it look fantastic when detailed with no swirl or scratch issues. Historically I have avoided black paint due to showing scratches but it sure looks good when it's right. This bike does have substandard paint in my opinion, and not acceptable to me for the price. Correctable? Yes, but why should we as owners have to pay to correct a poor job? Honda should make it right. The question is will they step up.
    In 1989 I bought a brand new Ford F-150 and within 6 months the paint was coming off in sheets, Ford refused to fix it so I left it with them and have never owned another. Six months later they were repainting trucks all over the area. GM was doing the same, but they finally did step up. I doubt the loss of me as a customer had any effect but I am not a very patient person, and Frankly refuse to accept poor quality.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Not much I can add other than I hope the problems are corrected.
    Kinda feel like there must be something to it as 'bad paint' was never mentioned on the forums of the prior Honda or Yami bikes I've owned.
    The talk of bad paint also 'created additional value' (in my mind) regarding the decision to get a 'HR Signature Series' bike with 'aftermarket' paint. We'll see if it was worth it in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Not much I can add other than I hope the problems are corrected.
    Kinda feel like there must be something to it as 'bad paint' was never mentioned on the forums of the prior Honda or Yami bikes I've owned.
    The talk of bad paint also 'created additional value' (in my mind) regarding the decision to get a 'HR Signature Series' bike with 'aftermarket' paint. We'll see if it was worth it in the not so distant future.
    Probably a wise choice on your part. I wish I had done the same!

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    JKelly I agree with all you stated.And Miles I have filed a complaint with Honda at all levels.Been to the dealer four times,talked to the district rep,talked to Honda on the phone and all I get is the same song and dance as others here have.My time is more important then to let this issue stress me out.I really never thought Honda was going to do anything and my love for this bike overrides my hate for the paint.Is it right to get crap paint on a 20 grand bike-Hell no!But I will save my pennies and get a really nice paint job in the future.
    Probably a good way to be, I let it get to me and stress about a lot of crap I really cant do much about but damn, this really pisses me off to no end every time I look or think about it. Kinda like being ripped off I guess but in the end you are correct.

I have seen the bad paint on F6B's in the showroom at the dealership I purchased from.
    I must be the lucky one as I have to say of all the black vehicles I have had, my last bike was black and my current car is black, my F6B is no worse than any other black vehicles I have owned.

The first thing I did when I got the bike home was give it a good polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and then applied 3 coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. In between I detail and remove bugs with Meguiar's Quick Detailer Spray. I use the Quick Detail Spray after dusting with my California Car duster and apply and remove with a couple of borderless super thick micro fiber cloths. I have only had to wash my bike about 4 times so far. After every wash I will work on any minor marks with the Compound and then I always apply a complete new coat of wax after washing.
    I always get compliments on the shine of the paint. I don't log the miles that some of you do but I do have 10,000 kilometeres on it as of today. My last bike had 6000 when I sold it and it's paint was far worse than the F6B.
    It does take alot of work to maintain but I enjoy it as its like therapry for me on a rainy day to head to the garage and shine it up.

Thats just my experience to date with the F6B and its paint and it certainly appears I am in the minority of those who are satisfied.

Beagle

bad paint

sounds like we need a lawyer. class-action time

Lucky Club

I'm in the same lucky club with Alberta Beagle and have no issues with my black F6B, VIN 1072.
    I currently own 6 black vehicles and the F6B is no better or worse than any of the others. Our bikes must have been painted on the day they remembered to add the drying accelerant to the paint.

I was one of the guys that posted red cloth pix. I showed the bike to the dealer in May (3 weeks old) and he filled out an RO. He called me back at the end of June telling me that Honda was aware of the paint issues on the f6b. He said they were collecting data and wanted to know the brand of microfiber and wax (nu finish) that I used. I sent the info to him along with pix of the cloth. I haven't heard anything since, so I'm taking Miles' lead and calling Honda directly.
    My VIN is 355.

Went by the Honda shop today to check on my Warranty claim.... and was informed by the Service Manager that he was TOLD to close out my claim and it would be entertained by Honda themselves...WTF,,,,,,, Got busy the rest of this afternoon but will call Honda in the AM and see what is up ?????????????????????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com