Bad Paint....New Thread ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Paint....New Thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Went by the Honda shop today to check on my Warranty claim.... and was informed by the Service Manager that he was TOLD to close out my claim and it would be entertained by Honda themselves...WTF,,,,,,, Got busy the rest of this afternoon but will call Honda in the AM and see what is up ?????????????????????
    Steve this is the same run around my Local service manager has given me.He states nothing on his end can be done unless Honda tells him to do so.Honda tells me I do not know how to clean my bike right.I knew from the get go Honda would do nothing and all the bitchin here has proved me right.One has to accept the fact they will have to paint there bike to make it right and if you want Honda to do that it's lawyer time.Don't know if I want the stress of all that and will do my own paint job one of these winters when I get sick of polishing this paint.Good luck getting something done as after 4 trips to my dealer and many phone calls with no one giving a damn I am done.Lifes to short

Well...... I said 6 months ago it would take a class action law suit and sadly the day is approaching...keep your receipts.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Well...... I said 6 months ago it would take a class action law suit and sadly the day is approaching...keep your receipts.....
    Have you contacted Honda today per your plans yesterday? Just curious. I called and left my info FWIW.

Sorry..got side tracked by a sand blaster for the new run of backrests... there was a delay in between the machine shop and the powder coater so had to hire a sandblaster to blast the pieces before they could be coated...I will call first of the week...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I stopped by my dealer today and showed the paint to the SM on duty. He said come by or call monday and he'd contact his Tech Rep about what to do next. So I will.

We both put our thumbs on clean paint, twisted them, and left swirls.

Bring it to the headquarters in Japan. The website page address below is for them.
    http://www.world.honda.com/group/HondaMotor/index.html
    Sometimes it may need to be addressed to the horse's face instead of his butt.
    When I don't get satisfaction from the locals I rattle the big dogs cage.
    I had an HD Ultra Classic that was a pain in the butt, the dealer jerked me around, I took the complaint to Milwaukee and the dealer had a good chewing from HQ and the trike was finally repaired. Got rid of the POS a year later and bought a GL1500.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

I am by no means saying that there isn’t a quality problem with the paint and/or paint process, but my paint appears to be behaving like any other black vehicle I have owned. To someone else it may be a problem, but to me it’s ops normal. I have cleaned it twice, like I normally do, good hose down, wash mitt and car soap, chamois wipe down, then micro fiber buff, and aside from a couple scratches, one being from the dealer, I really don’t see anything that bothers me to much. I ride all the time, in the rain and weather on crappy, dirty country roads and highways, not to mention the ballistics on the knees of my Aerostitch suit, so I expect a little wear and tear; so far no more than normal for me.

All that said, I really hope Mamma Honda steps up and does the right thing for the owners that do have a problem and I wish you the best of luck!
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

I was in my local dealership yesterday and spoke with one of their salesmen about the F6b that was on the floor there (Vin 811), I intentionally failed to mention the fact that I had bought the only F6b that they had sold so far (Vin 675), back in March. I mentioned that I had heard that folks were having issues with the paint on their brand new bikes and he proceeded to tell me about the crappy paint issues with their bike, and it has never left the showroom floor. He told me of course that they only use Honda products and terry cloth to clean the bikes and it has scratches all over it, They have had the bike on the floor for nearly 5 months and he says numerous customers have mentioned the scratches on the new F6b. I would venture to say that if the bikes are going to sit on the floor long enough for the paint issues to show,the dealers will be screaming to Ma Honda also.

Went over to my dealer today repeating last Saturday's visit. The main SM looked it over, saw the swirls, asked what I'd done to clean and polish so far. I mentioned the saddlebag cover scratches that came from their, or Honda's handling, and asked them to contact their Tech Rep for further info. He did say that unless they discovered paint problems on pre-delivery warranty of the bag covers would be difficult. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but it wasn't the 5 mile drive home that cut the paint up.

So we'll know more soon. Then to call Honda and start the "Randyization" process Miles experienced. I have all winter and am tenacious.

Washed and polished yesterday. I have bug impact marks in the fairing. They really couldn't make paint harder than a bug? I think every panel now has something very obvious and the gas door is just trashed.

The dealers test ride bike was pretty messed up when I ws there to have pictures taken.

Time to step it up with Honda USA.

The cycle world international show bike musta just been destroyed.