Bad Paint....New Thread ! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Bad Paint....New Thread !

Good for you, I was at the point where I was going to do the same thing. I'd end up loseing to much to do that right now. Honda dropped the Ball on the paint really effing bad. I wouldn't have bought one if I knew about it. My next bike won't be a Honda if this goes unfixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Good for you, I was at the point where I was going to do the same thing. I'd end up loseing to much to do that right now. Honda dropped the Ball on the paint really effing bad. I wouldn't have bought one if I knew about it. My next bike won't be a Honda if this goes unfixed.
    My wife and I talked it over before the changeout. I've wanted a yellow motorcycle for years, she hates the color. I have a yellow PA-11 Cub, she rides in it only because the inside is black (or so she says). My plan was to have my red F6B repainted this winter my favorite color, but that met with a hot tongue and a cold shoulder. So, I did what I did as a compromise.

Really repainting the bike in a non-standard paint scheme can't be all that difficult. It might get expensive, but considering the platform is excellent, then why not?

I owned a matte black 2010 Harley Road Glide (the fixed fairing shark nose model) for some time. It had what they call an eggshell clear coat over the black base and striking pin striping. The matte finish came from the eggshell clear overlay. It was remarkably easy to maintain compared to shiny stuff. Just a quick wipedown with a spray cleaner and polish (HD's but Honda sells it also) and I was good to go for another week. Something to consider for those that prefer black.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Now that's what I'd want...the Bumble Bee Special Edition. I'd also consider the matte clear over the yellow, it's a durable easy to maintain finish. HD's sorta gotten away from that painting technique in favor of candy azz metal flake to appeal to certain ethnic groups (I was told buy the dealer) who favor flash. Yup, another missed opportunity gone in favor of domestic tranquility.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    . HD's sorta gotten away from that painting technique in favor of candy azz metal flake to appeal to certain ethnic groups (I was told buy the dealer) who favor flash.
    Yep, I kinda figured 'older white boy' was not the target audience for the candy flakes!! LOL!

HD has been doing pretty good lately at building a 'wider' customer base. Cool. I have no problem with that! I like looking at most everybody's interpretation of what a bike should look like. Doesn't mean I'd want one for my own, but some are pretty spiffy!!

Looking forward to you paint scheme and test ride report soon...enjoy, they are fun!