My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Same boat as you, hated the stock seat! Went with the Ultimate "King" seat and thought that was going to be the answer, but it was not! Got an awesome deal on a used Corbin and I drove 5+ hours to pick it up, the Corbin IS the answer, at least for me and i'm 6'4" tall. May not be your answer but the best advice I can give it to try out lots of seats before you spend the cash as they are hard to sell after the fact. If you were close i'd let you ride my Corbin for a day to see what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Same boat as you, hated the stock seat! Went with the Ultimate "King" seat and thought that was going to be the answer, but it was not! Got an awesome deal on a used Corbin and I drove 5+ hours to pick it up, the Corbin IS the answer, at least for me and i'm 6'4" tall........
    Wing....Most everyone else who has spoken about the Corbin complains that it is much harder than most of the others. How does that compare to yours?

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Wing....Most everyone else who has spoken about the Corbin complains that it is much harder than most of the others. How does that compare to yours?

.....sT
    It's typical Corbin hard, what else can I say but it's the "way" that it cradles my ass that just makes it feel right. Best way I can figure it is that it is kinda like a old tractor seat, remember when those were made of steel yet the farmer could beat in the fields all day sitting on it? Must be like that, hard as a rock but just feels right. The problem I had with the Mustang and the Ultimate was not the comfort but the shape, my butt and back don't make a 90 degree bend they are rounded. I think the Russell would be the way to go since it's built "for you" but the build time was a problem, you need another seat just for them to work on.

shooter
    Guys I'm 6'1". Granted I weigh 290. David K a forum member put a Corbin on his and let me try it. It is probably close to an inch lower and pushes me forward at least an inch or so. I have a Corbin on my 9 and probably would have bought one for the B if not for David's generosity. Corbin on the B is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I'm 6'1". Granted I weigh 290. David K a forum member put a Corbin on his and let me try it. It is probably close to an inch lower and pushes me forward at least an inch or so. I have a Corbin on my 9 and probably would have bought one for the B if not for David's generosity. Corbin on the B is not for me.
    Could he have had it made that way? Mine does not seem any lower than stock and it moves me back which is needed for leg room. Remember that Corbin will move you where ever you feel you need to be within reason. I think there are more people trying to reach the ground than people trying to be farther away from it. I can touch flat footed with room to spare on my F6 so higher up would benefit me but then the windshield height becomes the next factor to deal with.

14-Day Trial

Good morning ST-
    Just a note on our seats- we offer a 14-day extended test ride on our seats. We want to make sure you are satisfied, and don't want to add to your seat collection if we aren't the proper fit for you. You can check what we have to offer at the link below, or give us a call at 877-672-0288.

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorc...ries/f6b-seats

Best,

Dave

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Could he have had it made that way? Mine does not seem any lower than stock and it moves me back which is needed for leg room. Remember that Corbin will move you where ever you feel you need to be within reason. I think there are more people trying to reach the ground than people trying to be farther away from it. I can touch flat footed with room to spare on my F6 so higher up would benefit me but then the windshield height becomes the next factor to deal with.
    I asked David that question , he said no. However during the ordering conversation I'm sure he mentioned his problem. That's not to say that Corbin didn't take it upon themselves to help him solve a problem. Since Corbin won't let you take a test ride , I can't take that chance. Based on my research I think the Ultimate King is right for me.

Guess I'm lucky, most comfortable seat I've sat on, it's the Lazy Boy of stock saddles. Leastwise for my tush.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have an Electraglide with a stock street glide seat on it and the stock seat on my 13 F...both feel great to me.

The stock seat didn't last long on my bike. I don't remember it being particularly uncomfortable. I did find the wide squared off edges a bit uncomfortable when it came to stops and putting my feet down. My main reason for switching seats was I wanted a rider backrest. Also , I liked the looks of the alternative seats available. I got a deal on the Dual Tour Corbin seat with both passenger and rider backrests. Mine had been reupholstered in a black velour. I've been very happy with it really. Plus while the seat is wide, which fits my wide butt, the area where I put my legs down at stops no longer has those sharp squared off corners that the OEM seat had.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"