My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

OK....I've had my 2015 Deluxe for about three weeks now. Due to the weather, however, I've only had opportunity to put about 400 miles on her. Can't think of one thing to complain about....EXCEPT THAT DAMNED OEM SEAT!!!!

It's great for about 30 minutes...then I get a HUGE pain in my tailbone. After a few minutes more, it's nearly unbearable! I've never ever run across this on any other bike I've ever owned ( ...and back in the 70's, I rode a Yamaha 350 roundtrip coast-to-coast...TWICE! ) I mean, I've rode a few really uncomfortable seats in my time, but nothing like the pain I'm having now. I hate to whine, but it really is killing me.

Has anyone else has this specific problem with the OEM seat? What seat will fix this? I don't really want a shorter seat....I'm 6'3 and actually wish it sat taller. Just something that won't catch my coccyx the way this one does.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Looks like you'll have to shell out a few bucks for an aftermarket one. Mine seems fine for me. I'm not as tall though, and coming off an M109, that's not hard to say. Seats are like tires and windshields. Get ready for mucho opinions.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

F6B Seat Fix

I rode a BMW R80, the seat was terrible, I fixed it with a sheepskin cut to fit.
    The F6B seat is quite a bit better, but I experienced the same this as you, went to
    Costco and picked up another sheepskin, cut it to fit and now I'm a happy camper.

shooter
    Simon I'm with ya. Its not quite as bad for me as you describe. Not my tailbone just a numb azz after about an hour and a half. I'm gonna get an Ultimate King after the first of the year. I've sat on the offerings from Mustang and Corbin. Both sat me lower and closer to the tank. I don't need that.

Craig Vetter the fairing manufacture made a board for motorcycle seats, call the magic board google it and read most riders had great
    reports at the IBA rallies.
    He tells you how to make your own, me I have no complaints about the seat I am good for 1200 miles no problem.

The RDL saddle is about an 1" or so taller than the stock seat and is made to your physic. I tried several different seats on my previous bike before I ended up with the RDL saddle. So, it was a no brainer to get one for the F6B.

Barry

For us taller guys, it is the Ultimate King Rider. However, I think you are close to Mean City Cycles in Hickory. They can tweak your OEM with some memory foam and make it bigger/smaller/taller/shorter/firmer/softer/etc.. for a bit less and keep the stock look. Great bang for the buck They have done a few of mine.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sure when you rode your Yammy coast to coast your ass wasn't as wide or as old! The same for most of us. A lot of the members of this forum have found relief in third party seats offered by our sponsors listed on our front page. While I don't have any issues with the seat, plenty others have gone this route. I'd say it was #2 for OEM change out, right after the screen.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I'm not finding the seat as uncomfortable as you Simon but in the Summer I found the seat was getting too hot so I purchased some beaded seat covers

http://wingstuff.com/products/22902-...?from_search=1

Helped with the heat and a side benefit of making the seat a little more comfortable ($25 vs $800)
    I removed the bungees from the beaded seat and just let the beaded seat lay there, it doesn't move much

I'm 6'5", my seat of choose would be an Ultimate King

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorc...ries/f6b-seats

Good Luck

Same boat as you, hated the stock seat! Went with the Ultimate "King" seat and thought that was going to be the answer, but it was not! Got an awesome deal on a used Corbin and I drove 5+ hours to pick it up, the Corbin IS the answer, at least for me and i'm 6'4" tall. May not be your answer but the best advice I can give it to try out lots of seats before you spend the cash as they are hard to sell after the fact. If you were close i'd let you ride my Corbin for a day to see what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike