My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

Thread: My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Craig Vetter the fairing manufacture made a board for motorcycle seats, call the magic board google it and read most riders had great
    reports at the IBA rallies.
    He tells you how to make your own, me I have no complaints about the seat I am good for 1200 miles no problem.
    I just Googled Craig Vetter's "magic board".

Very Interesting.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I just Googled Craig Vetter's "magic board".

Very Interesting.
    I know it is made to be used during safe cruising, but I can't help thinking, "what if I had to put my feet down suddenly?".
    Albuquerque, NM

Maybe I just don't feel my a** hurt anymore while riding???

I found the stock seat to be pretty comfortable, but I haven't put that 600 mile day on it yet.

For a cheap mod, try Spencers seat modification. VERY cheap, but you have to send him your seat, and he will contour it and put the high tech comfort foam used on the freaking space shuttle

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

This guy was famous with the ST 1300 crowd, and I had him do my ST 1300. He will need a photo of you on the bike, and he makes the seat fit your riding position. When I had my ST 1300....about 1.5 hours into the ride I would squirm around and be in pain as I was downright uncomfortable. I had the modification completed, and as I say, very cheap was the modification compared to a new seat. He uses the stock seat cover, so with the exception of a contour change, you can't tell anything was done.

I took my ST 1300 for a ride...the first hour it felt the same. After a few hundred miles, it was much more tolerable, in fact, I once rode a 325 mile leg and didn't have to move around very much at all. Could have gone a little further, but the gas station was too convenient and I figured I couldn't make it home non-stop.

The downside? You have to ship it to this guy, and I purchased the round trip shipping labels, so it wasn't too bad. Quick turn around time, the guy had my seat less than two days in the shop, had it back in no time. I would expect the same for you. Don't know if he is still doing the mod, but you can e-mail him and find out. Well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the input, guys!

My problem really is just my tailbone. Almost feels as if I'm sitting vertically on the end of it. The rest of the seat is fine...or at least feels to be fine in the 30 mins at a time I'm able to ride due to the other issue. Thought perhaps I was catching part of the bolster...but feeling around doesn't seem to bear that out. I have noticed that if I push back against the bolster I get some small short term relief.

Indeed, if I was experiencing this in ANY other incidence (car, desk chair, couch, etc) I'd be tempted to wonder about a medical situation....but, I don't. It only occurs on the '6.

I've been watching various online chatter for the Mustang, but the last thing I want is to sit lower than I already am. Have also been looking at Ultimates and RDL's.

I didn't even know about Mean City. Yep, it's close by indeed. May have to go have a chat with those guys.

The Vetter Magic Board was news to me as well. That thing looks like a serious accident just dying for a place to happen.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---