My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

Check out mean city cycles. Just south of hickory nc. They will customize your seat to fit your butt. They did mine and my wife's seat cheap!

I've had 9 wings and all had terrible seats. This F6 is the first stock saddle that works for me. Did 2k+ miles in 5 days with no problems.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Craig Vetter the fairing manufacture made a board for motorcycle seats, call the magic board google it and read most riders had great
    reports at the IBA rallies.
    He tells you how to make your own, me I have no complaints about the seat I am good for 1200 miles no problem.
    I just Googled Craig Vetter's "magic board".

Very Interesting.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I just Googled Craig Vetter's "magic board".

Very Interesting.
    I know it is made to be used during safe cruising, but I can't help thinking, "what if I had to put my feet down suddenly?".
    Albuquerque, NM

Maybe I just don't feel my a** hurt anymore while riding???

I found the stock seat to be pretty comfortable, but I haven't put that 600 mile day on it yet.

For a cheap mod, try Spencers seat modification. VERY cheap, but you have to send him your seat, and he will contour it and put the high tech comfort foam used on the freaking space shuttle

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

This guy was famous with the ST 1300 crowd, and I had him do my ST 1300. He will need a photo of you on the bike, and he makes the seat fit your riding position. When I had my ST 1300....about 1.5 hours into the ride I would squirm around and be in pain as I was downright uncomfortable. I had the modification completed, and as I say, very cheap was the modification compared to a new seat. He uses the stock seat cover, so with the exception of a contour change, you can't tell anything was done.

I took my ST 1300 for a ride...the first hour it felt the same. After a few hundred miles, it was much more tolerable, in fact, I once rode a 325 mile leg and didn't have to move around very much at all. Could have gone a little further, but the gas station was too convenient and I figured I couldn't make it home non-stop.

The downside? You have to ship it to this guy, and I purchased the round trip shipping labels, so it wasn't too bad. Quick turn around time, the guy had my seat less than two days in the shop, had it back in no time. I would expect the same for you. Don't know if he is still doing the mod, but you can e-mail him and find out. Well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the input, guys!

My problem really is just my tailbone. Almost feels as if I'm sitting vertically on the end of it. The rest of the seat is fine...or at least feels to be fine in the 30 mins at a time I'm able to ride due to the other issue. Thought perhaps I was catching part of the bolster...but feeling around doesn't seem to bear that out. I have noticed that if I push back against the bolster I get some small short term relief.

Indeed, if I was experiencing this in ANY other incidence (car, desk chair, couch, etc) I'd be tempted to wonder about a medical situation....but, I don't. It only occurs on the '6.

I've been watching various online chatter for the Mustang, but the last thing I want is to sit lower than I already am. Have also been looking at Ultimates and RDL's.

I didn't even know about Mean City. Yep, it's close by indeed. May have to go have a chat with those guys.

The Vetter Magic Board was news to me as well. That thing looks like a serious accident just dying for a place to happen.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Same boat as you, hated the stock seat! Went with the Ultimate "King" seat and thought that was going to be the answer, but it was not! Got an awesome deal on a used Corbin and I drove 5+ hours to pick it up, the Corbin IS the answer, at least for me and i'm 6'4" tall........
    Wing....Most everyone else who has spoken about the Corbin complains that it is much harder than most of the others. How does that compare to yours?

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Wing....Most everyone else who has spoken about the Corbin complains that it is much harder than most of the others. How does that compare to yours?

.....sT
    It's typical Corbin hard, what else can I say but it's the "way" that it cradles my ass that just makes it feel right. Best way I can figure it is that it is kinda like a old tractor seat, remember when those were made of steel yet the farmer could beat in the fields all day sitting on it? Must be like that, hard as a rock but just feels right. The problem I had with the Mustang and the Ultimate was not the comfort but the shape, my butt and back don't make a 90 degree bend they are rounded. I think the Russell would be the way to go since it's built "for you" but the build time was a problem, you need another seat just for them to work on.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

shooter
    Guys I'm 6'1". Granted I weigh 290. David K a forum member put a Corbin on his and let me try it. It is probably close to an inch lower and pushes me forward at least an inch or so. I have a Corbin on my 9 and probably would have bought one for the B if not for David's generosity. Corbin on the B is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I'm 6'1". Granted I weigh 290. David K a forum member put a Corbin on his and let me try it. It is probably close to an inch lower and pushes me forward at least an inch or so. I have a Corbin on my 9 and probably would have bought one for the B if not for David's generosity. Corbin on the B is not for me.
    Could he have had it made that way? Mine does not seem any lower than stock and it moves me back which is needed for leg room. Remember that Corbin will move you where ever you feel you need to be within reason. I think there are more people trying to reach the ground than people trying to be farther away from it. I can touch flat footed with room to spare on my F6 so higher up would benefit me but then the windshield height becomes the next factor to deal with.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike