My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New '15 Deluxe.....What A Pain In The Ass!!!

14-Day Trial

Good morning ST-
    Just a note on our seats- we offer a 14-day extended test ride on our seats. We want to make sure you are satisfied, and don't want to add to your seat collection if we aren't the proper fit for you. You can check what we have to offer at the link below, or give us a call at 877-672-0288.

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorc...ries/f6b-seats

Best,

Dave

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Craig Vetter the fairing manufacture made a board for motorcycle seats, call the magic board google it and read most riders had great
    reports at the IBA rallies.
    He tells you how to make your own, me I have no complaints about the seat I am good for 1200 miles no problem.
    That thing should be illegal in 51 states. Sorry but if that's what you need to make you comfortable on your bike then you don't need to be riding.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Could he have had it made that way? Mine does not seem any lower than stock and it moves me back which is needed for leg room. Remember that Corbin will move you where ever you feel you need to be within reason. I think there are more people trying to reach the ground than people trying to be farther away from it. I can touch flat footed with room to spare on my F6 so higher up would benefit me but then the windshield height becomes the next factor to deal with.
    I asked David that question , he said no. However during the ordering conversation I'm sure he mentioned his problem. That's not to say that Corbin didn't take it upon themselves to help him solve a problem. Since Corbin won't let you take a test ride , I can't take that chance. Based on my research I think the Ultimate King is right for me.

Custom Pad

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    OK....I've had my 2015 Deluxe for about three weeks now. Due to the weather, however, I've only had opportunity to put about 400 miles on her. Can't think of one thing to complain about....EXCEPT THAT DAMNED OEM SEAT!!!!

It's great for about 30 minutes...then I get a HUGE pain in my tailbone. After a few minutes more, it's nearly unbearable! I've never ever run across this on any other bike I've ever owned ( ...and back in the 70's, I rode a Yamaha 350 roundtrip coast-to-coast...TWICE! ) I mean, I've rode a few really uncomfortable seats in my time, but nothing like the pain I'm having now. I hate to whine, but it really is killing me.

Has anyone else has this specific problem with the OEM seat? What seat will fix this? I don't really want a shorter seat....I'm 6'3 and actually wish it sat taller. Just something that won't catch my coccyx the way this one does.

....sT
    I have a similar problem with tailbone sensitivity due to a bad ice skating fall decades ago. Anyhow, I bought a slightly used 2014 Deluxe and it came with a Mustang seat. Mustang sits 1" lower than stock - not good.
    I made a custom but simple seat pad using a Memory Foam pad with a semi rigid pad underneath to make it stable. I made a cover from a large thick black towel. Towel absorbs sweat. Foam absorbs shock and memory foam is good. The advantage in the Pad Module that I made is that it's made for my height and I can move it around on the seat. I slide it back to change my back position for a change in seating. Then I slide it forward a bit to create a void for my tailbone - no pressure at all. And I still get the advantage of the back rest portion of the Mustang seat. One more advantage - the Mustang is not sealed against water leaks and the seat pad keeps my butt dry after a rain.

Guess I'm lucky, most comfortable seat I've sat on, it's the Lazy Boy of stock saddles. Leastwise for my tush.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have an Electraglide with a stock street glide seat on it and the stock seat on my 13 F...both feel great to me.

The stock seat didn't last long on my bike. I don't remember it being particularly uncomfortable. I did find the wide squared off edges a bit uncomfortable when it came to stops and putting my feet down. My main reason for switching seats was I wanted a rider backrest. Also , I liked the looks of the alternative seats available. I got a deal on the Dual Tour Corbin seat with both passenger and rider backrests. Mine had been reupholstered in a black velour. I've been very happy with it really. Plus while the seat is wide, which fits my wide butt, the area where I put my legs down at stops no longer has those sharp squared off corners that the OEM seat had.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Russell Day Long!!

RDL custom builds each seat using a stock pan.

I am 6'7" 255# with a 34 inseam and they made my seat 3 inches taller and moved it back 4 inches.

Best money I have ever spent.

Big Larry is the expert on this board about RDL.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    OK....I've had my 2015 Deluxe for about three weeks now. Due to the weather, however, I've only had opportunity to put about 400 miles on her. Can't think of one thing to complain about....EXCEPT THAT DAMNED OEM SEAT!!!!

It's great for about 30 minutes...then I get a HUGE pain in my tailbone. After a few minutes more, it's nearly unbearable! I've never ever run across this on any other bike I've ever owned ( ...and back in the 70's, I rode a Yamaha 350 roundtrip coast-to-coast...TWICE! ) I mean, I've rode a few really uncomfortable seats in my time, but nothing like the pain I'm having now. I hate to whine, but it really is killing me.

Has anyone else has this specific problem with the OEM seat? What seat will fix this? I don't really want a shorter seat....I'm 6'3 and actually wish it sat taller. Just something that won't catch my coccyx the way this one does.

....sT
    I would try an Airhawk it was a game changer for me with the stock seat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Yes, that's the seat

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Same boat as you, hated the stock seat! Went with the Ultimate "King" seat and thought that was going to be the answer, but it was not! Got an awesome deal on a used Corbin and I drove 5+ hours to pick it up, the Corbin IS the answer, at least for me and i'm 6'4" tall. May not be your answer but the best advice I can give it to try out lots of seats before you spend the cash as they are hard to sell after the fact. If you were close i'd let you ride my Corbin for a day to see what you think.
    I've been buying Corbin for a long time..Always for H-D's. Always great, except for the ugly tag.

The tag bothers some so much they buy a different seat! I've had a couple MC shops.

This Corbin seat looks great and sized fit your bike. My slightly used F6B came with a new Mustang seat.
    At one time, they were considered the budget seat - however, the back support and looks work for me and I get many positive comments. I've put maybe 7k since I've bought it and I've never had a bad thought about it. - I have other rides also. That said, I like yours better.