Extended Warranty purchase
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty purchase

Extended Warranty purchase

Hey Guys,
    Does any one know how getting an extended warranty is supposed to work?
    Here are the particulars.
    I bought my bike from a seller in Virginia. My dealer is telling me that in order to have a certified extended warranty issued,I need to contact that person,the extended warranty goes in his name then he transfers it to me.
    I have had the bike almost two years registered and titled to me and I have issues that the seller wants to be bothered with all that.
    I guess I question that approach as when I brought the subject up last year the warranty price was a 1000 bucks. Now he quotes me at 800....
    Thanx !

Cool

The warranty goes to THE bike, not someone's name. If you have the paperwork, then you should/will be fine......

Now the price for same, that's a different story.... should be around $400 for four more years.....

On this bike, IMHO it is a waste of money !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I purchased the extended warranty on my new 15 and what I know from the past the only reason to even consider it is the electronics. That's where most of the problems will happen when the bike gets some age on it, stuff like the radio and handle bar switches, dash cluster and digital display panel. I extended mine out to last the life of the loan I have on it, 5 years.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Call Honda's customer service. The extended warranty follows the bike.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Thanx gentlemen. Thats what I thought also that the warranty goes to the bike not a name.I don't know if my dealer doesn't know any better or he doesn't want the business for some reason - which means I will go somewhere else like I did when I bought it. They wouldn't budge off the MSRP and offered no incentive for a cash deal.
    I checked Honda's website for information but this wasn't answered ,so I figured my best advice is going to come from you learned gentlemen:-) D'uh
    Oh, on their website Honda states they DON't cover the radio...

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Thanx gentlemen. Thats what I thought also that the warranty goes to the bike not a name.I don't know if my dealer doesn't know any better or he doesn't want the business for some reason - which means I will go somewhere else like I did when I bought it. They wouldn't budge off the MSRP and offered no incentive for a cash deal.
    I checked Honda's website for information but this wasn't answered ,so I figured my best advice is going to come from you learned gentlemen:-) D'uh
    Oh, on their website Honda states they DON't cover the radio...

Call Honda of Russellville, ask for Roger Shatwell

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Extended warranty is worth the money, if you are the unlucky soul on a tranny problem you will not be happy.
    I had the warranty on my 02 wing and the handle bar switches started sticking on both sides $700 plus dollar for repair but the warranty
    took care of that, had front seal leak warranty took care of that so $400 is cheap insurance.

Just like last year around this time, I have reached out to Honda of Russellville.

I have communicated with the GM and he has agreed to offer extended warranties at a special price to our forum members, details will follow in the next few days.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Factory warranty

Hey guys, I was told that in order for me to get an extended warranty, I must purchase it before the factory 3 year warranty expires. Is there any validity to that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    Hey guys, I was told that in order for me to get an extended warranty, I must purchase it before the factory 3 year warranty expires. Is there any validity to that statement?
    Yes, that is correct. You can purchase it at any time, however it only starts once the original warranty expires. If you sell your motorcycle before the extended warranty goes into effect, You can cancel it and request a refund from Honda. Honda will deduct a $25 processing fee.