Extended Warranty purchase - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extended Warranty purchase

Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

Ran into this with the 98 Valk. Back then you could find the extended warranty for $400 or so outside of Florida and the cheapest I could find it in Florida was $850. Ended up keeping the bike for 12 years and had one major repair (rivets popped in the clutch basket). Repaired it myself for $300 and I never did purchase the warranty.

I do own property in NY and there is an address assigned to it. Does anyone know if the bike has to be registered in the other state. Has anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

Ran into this with the 98 Valk. Back then you could find the extended warranty for $400 or so outside of Florida and the cheapest I could find it in Florida was $850. Ended up keeping the bike for 12 years and had one major repair (rivets popped in the clutch basket). Repaired it myself for $300 and I never did purchase the warranty.

I do own property in NY and there is an address assigned to it. Does anyone know if the bike has to be registered in the other state. Has anyone tried this?
    My guess it that is has nothing to do with where it is registered. I bought an extended warranty for a Yamaha snowmobile years ago from a Yamaha dealer in Wisconsin and it was not an issue. They cover the machine; who cares where you ride it.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post

Yes, I have. I live in Florida and had the 4 year warranty sent to a family member in another state.

Florida treats this as a insurance policy and adds taxes and fees associated with insurance.

No, your bike does not need to be registered out of state, mine was registered in Florida.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yes, I have. I live in Florida and had the 4 year warranty sent to a family member in another state.

Florida treats this as a insurance policy and adds taxes and fees associated with insurance.

No, your bike does not need to be registered out of state, mine was registered in Florida.
    Great, I own a family farm in NY and my dad lives on the land so I will have mine sent there. Thanks for the info.