Extended Warranty purchase - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Warranty purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yes, that is correct. You can purchase it at any time, however it only starts once the original warranty expires. If you sell your motorcycle before the extended warranty goes into effect, You can cancel it and request a refund from Honda. Honda will deduct a $25 processing fee.
    They also quoted me $1495 for a 3 yr warranty. This is through a small shop here in town through Protective Asset Protection. Pretty steep for me, $400 would be much more doable!

Just like last year around this time, I have reached out to Honda of Russellville.

I have communicated with the GM and he has agreed to offer extended warranties at a special price to our forum members, details will follow in the next few days.
    interested

Please keep us posted Phantom

I think I would like to subscribe to an extended warranty also.

This is a bike that I plan on keeping for a long time. Quite the contrary to the ownership of my previous bikes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Honda of Russellville (one of our supporting vendors) has a Honda 4 year extended warranty available for our members at a great price. One exception, they cannot sell to Florida residents.

Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

You must call Honda of Russellville and ask for Melony at 1-888-753-0405

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Honda of Russellville (one of our supporting vendors) has a Honda 4 year extended warranty available for our members at a great price. One exception, they cannot sell to Florida residents.

Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

You must call Honda of Russellville and ask for Melony at 1-888-753-0405

Thanks much Phantom, called and left a message.

Update: They called back.

- 48 month warranty starting at the end of the OEM warranty.
    - Warranty is from Mother Honda, not a 3rd party policy and is honored by all Honda dealers in the USA.
    - Price is descent.
    - Offer expires at the end of December, 2015.
    - 100% refund before your OEM warranty expires.
    - Front end loaded refund after OEM warranty expires (read: not linear)
    - Warranty is transferable to new owner.
    - She can tell you how long your OEM warranty is valid if you supply her with your VIN #

Thanks Phantom.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Thanks much Phantom, called and left a message.

Update: They called back.

- 48 month warranty starting at the end of the OEM warranty.
    - Warranty is from Mother Honda, not a 3rd party policy and is honored by all Honda dealers in the USA.
    - Price is descent.
    - Offer expires at the end of December, 2015.
    - 100% refund before your OEM warranty expires.
    - Front end loaded refund after OEM warranty expires (read: not linear)
    - Warranty is transferable to new owner.
    - She can tell you how long your OEM warranty is valid if you supply her with your VIN #

Thanks Phantom.

Sounds like a happy board member. Guess I'll be making a call as well

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My memory may be going (I understand memory is alway the second thing to go with age) but....can't you purchase directly from Honda as well?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Purchase

No Honda leaves it up to the dealers to sell the policy, however there is a HUGE markup in policy prices.

So that is why it pays to shop around for your best price, and FL being the only state which does not allow out of state purchase for the policy,see post below from Phantom.

It would make sense for all others to shop around, including checking on dealers out of state.

It ain't that hard to pick up the phone and make a call(s) .

Quote Originally Posted by maxrider View Post
    No Honda leaves it up to the dealers to sell the policy, however there is a HUGE markup in policy prices.

So that is why it pays to shop around for your best price, and FL being the only state which does not allow out of state purchase for the policy,see post below from Phantom.

It would make sense for all others to shop around, including checking on dealers out of state.

It ain't that hard to pick up the phone and make a call(s) .
    I just called Honda of Russellville. They are aware of the promotion on this site, and gave me a price over the phone. Arkansas sales tax is 9%, so keep that in mind when comparing. Also, this deal DOES NOT include roadside assistance, which I believe is available for an extra charge.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6