The F6B second look

Thread: The F6B second look

The F6B second look

The other day while in the garage pulling out the yard boss for the last lawn grooming of the year I glanced over and looked at the Black B standing steadfast, clean and lean as if waiting for orders to move that only I can give. It was then that I was reminded, what a beautiful machine it is.

If you look at one of my earliest posts here I thought a most fitting name for this motorcycle could be the "Honda Dream" because the lines reminded me of the old 305 dream. Shortly after buying the bike and putting a few thousand miles on it I immediately began to think it could easily belong to Honda's ST class of motorcycle. I still think that way today.

All this to say that the B's style was ahead of it's time [like the Dream] and with each passing year the B's style is appreciated more and more, by me at least. Wouldn't want any other bike today.

All hail the B! and the forum, of course. My thanks to Phantom, and all that make this forum a welcoming place for riders of all types.

I think the B is the ultimate bike!

When you look at all the things it has going for it

1-Style
    2-Performance AKA horsepower and torque
    3-Handles like a sport bike
    4-Comfort of a touring machine
    5-Maintenance free as only Honda can do it
    6-Dependable for miles and miles as only Honda can do it
    7-Smooth flat 6 ride

Need I go on?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    All hail the B!
    Thanks for posting this, I usually feel like posting the same thing every time I park it after a ride.
    Fast or slow, hot or cold weather, riding to work or something further, it's always a blast.
    And yes, thanks to the admins and sponsors. Is there a donate option? What would we do if we couldn't come here and read about our precious?

shooter
    No doubt about it , the B doesn't take a back seat to anything. The more I ride it the more I love it.

The F6B is an awesome bike for what it is, but I hesitate to call it an ST. Took the ST1300 for a spin Friday to keep all the lubricants moving to all the vitals. It is more S than T compared to the F6B. We have a criterion bicycle race that follows a figure 8 pattern around two blocks downtown here and I ride lead ahead of the racers. There are several different levels of races and the category one riders average 30 to 35 miles per hour. They can burst up to 40 so there are some sections I am running 40 plus to stay ahead of them. No problem with the ST but I tried one race with the F6B and it was just too low to the ground, scraping in many of the corners and that was with the slower riders. I will say that when it comes time for a ride I'll grab the F6B keys 20 to 1 over the ST, both are great bikes that do different things well.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

F6B is a heck of a bike--picked up one when they first came out in 2013---sorry to say that when HD put out their "rushmore" bikes the call of the old v-twin was just to strong---sold the Harley a couple months ago and picked up a clean 2013 B---feels even better the second time around---

'88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    You got that right Leroy.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    The other day while in the garage pulling out the yard boss for the last lawn grooming of the year I glanced over and looked at the Black B standing steadfast, clean and lean as if waiting for orders to move that only I can give. It was then that I was reminded, what a beautiful machine it is.

If you look at one of my earliest posts here I thought a most fitting name for this motorcycle could be the "Honda Dream" because the lines reminded me of the old 305 dream. Shortly after buying the bike and putting a few thousand miles on it I immediately began to think it could easily belong to Honda's ST class of motorcycle. I still think that way today.

All this to say that the B's style was ahead of it's time [like the Dream] and with each passing year the B's style is appreciated more and more, by me at least. Wouldn't want any other bike today.

All hail the B! and the forum, of course. My thanks to Phantom, and all that make this forum a welcoming place for riders of all types.

My first new bike was a black 1966 Honda 305 Dream in 1966. If the F6B reminded me of the Dream I won't had bought it . The dream was "retro" before it was called retro. Bear in mind I had two VTX1800C but never a VTX1800R/S. Everyone has different tastes and that's why there's many choices to choose from.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010