Center stand on lowered bike

Thread: Center stand on lowered bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Center stand on lowered bike

OK. I screwed up again, I read about how many guys loved their center stands. So I decided why not. I did the usual search and found a brand new stand with the hardware for $124.00 on e-bay. What I forgot about was I had mechanically lower my bike 1". After installing it I found out it will not work I even tried backing the bike up on a 2X6 but the clearance is not there to be able to get it up.

So be fore warned a standard Center stand will not work on a lowered F6.

If anybodies interested the only installed but never used stand is available for $100.00 plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    OK. I screwed up again, I read about how many guys loved their center stands. So I decided why not. I did the usual search and found a brand new stand with the hardware for $124.00 on e-bay. What I forgot about was I had mechanically lower my bike 1". After installing it I found out it will not work I even tried backing the bike up on a 2X6 but the clearance is not there to be able to get it up.

If anybodies interested the only installed but never used stand is available for $100.00 plus shipping
    Ok, Bob. Nice pointer, I have a centerstand NIB too, and haven't yet installed mine either (but not ready to sell it), and might want (or more like need) to lower the bike too as I add more weight to the thing I accessories. What did you use or how did you get yours lowered? I though about slipping the front fork triple tree about a 1inch like I had on one other bike years ago.

I wonder if you can have it sawed in the middle to remove an inch, and rewelded so it will work

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post

I would be very Interested in it. And how would you like to handle the deal.

You guys are killing me...use the search button !!!!!!!!!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...d+center+stand
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My motto is: When in doubt....ask Steve!

Just ask Steve

I like that we now know Steve is very knowledgeable and creative. Great attributes! Thanks for the info.
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I like that we now know Steve is very knowledgeable and creative. Great attributes! Thanks for the info.

Your Welcome ! One of my jobs is to at least read or look at most/all posts, I also have a good memory for bike related information...the rest not so much !

FYI... You can buy a cheap,rusty, bent C.S. on Ebay and cut it down and try it out...$25 bucks maybe ? Year 2000 and up ! GL 1800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-08-Hond...VWBqEe&vxp=mtr
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com