POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 11

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Got my bike back today after a week in the shop to complete the brake recall work. They took the bike in without a hitch. It was done in four days (a part had to be ordered) but I couldn't get back to the shop for another four. Easy-peasy.

My only complaint: the rear brake pedal has been attached in a different position, with the foot pad pointed closer to the ground and below the peg. Mighty uncomfortable. I tried to adjust it myself. Looked easy. Loosen the bolt, pull off the brake lever, rotate to the rear, slide back on, tighten the bolt. I got the bolt loosened just fine but couldn't pull the brake lever off. Any ideas about what I did wrong?

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Got my bike back today after a week in the shop to complete the brake recall work. They took the bike in without a hitch. It was done in four days (a part had to be ordered) but I couldn't get back to the shop for another four. Easy-peasy.

My only complaint: the rear brake pedal has been attached in a different position, with the foot pad pointed closer to the ground and below the peg. Mighty uncomfortable. I tried to adjust it myself. Looked easy. Loosen the bolt, pull off the brake lever, rotate to the rear, slide back on, tighten the bolt. I got the bolt loosened just fine but couldn't pull the brake lever off. Any ideas about what I did wrong?
    You have to remove the two bolts that hold the right side driver's peg bracket first. Then remove that assembly.

Then you have to completely remove the rear brake pedal bolt. The bolt will still keep the brake pedal on the splined shaft even if it is loose; it rides in a groove on the shaft. You will see that if you look down the hole after removing the bolt.

Then you will be able to pull the brake pedal off of the spline shaft.

And another warning. Be careful when you push the brake pedal back onto the splined shaft in the position that you want it. You could push the splined shaft inwards into the frame; and then it's a lot of fun trying to push it back out from the inside.

Been there, done that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks, Willtill.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

Pensacola Motorsports is about 5 to 7 weeks behind in scheduling. I called them in December when I got my notice. They said they'd call me at the end of January. I called them today and now I'm on a list. They told me the 6 had a different part than a Wing and had to be ordered specially. Bike is fine; doesn't have any symptoms or issues related to the recall.

Maybe in late March....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Is there a time or mileage limit on when we need to get this work done?
    Steve

rear brake warranty work done

I got my Honda paperwork in December.....called the local Honda dealership in Nampa, ID....same dealer I purchased my 6 from.....and they told me they were ordering recall kits for gl and F6 before they started to do actual recall warranty work....fine with me....since it snows alot and is cold here in Idaho from November thru February........

My bike was covered, on the center stand, and hooked up to the battery maintainer by Thanksgiving...so I asked them to call me when they had the recall kit and saw a day with a forecast of 50 degrees or more....... did'nt really expect to hear from them before March....but I got a call on Monday, Feb 15

the shop foreman called during his lunch hour and asked me if it was warm enough for me to ride 6 miles to the dealer. It was about 60 degrees ( and set a record for that date as a matter of fact)...so I unhooked the battery tender, pulled the cover off, and rode to the shop......Whole job was done in 2 and a half hours and I was home by 4 pm....Great

Must say, the braking feels better/firmer than the previous 16,500 miles....rear brake pedal was positioned at a higher angle than before, but I will try it there first......most braking I do is with the front brake lever anyway.....

Very pleased with the whole experienced and guys at the local dealer....third Honda I have bought from them over the last 12 years or so...

Stro: that poll has a problem...before the work was done and after...No then yes but the poll only allows one response- so my "yes" won't be recorded and my "no" is no longer true!

Recall work

Should i remove fork brace before taking bike in for the recall?
    Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Should i remove fork brace before taking bike in for the recall?
    Richie
    Richie--No need to do that.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Richie--No need to do that.
    Thanks, so much

Richie