POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 13

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Still Waiting for Parts

Dealer has ordered parts, but still have not arrived.

Well, I can now add my name to the list of who have had the recall done. My dealer has had the parts and a set of tires waiting on me until I decided I had gotten my fair mileage out of my tires. Took it in, I also handed the mechanic the steel valve stems I wanted installed and asked him while he was at it to just check the wear on my pads. I was down to a little less than half on the front and less than 30% on the rear pads. Pads are something I'd normally do myself, but they are really fair with me and I told him to go ahead an replace all the pads. All ready for some more miles and twisty bits.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Had my F6B Brake Recall done on March 8. I decided to have them flush the front brake system and the clutch while they had the bike. Replaced the front tire at 14.4K. I "borrowed" one of their used bikes on Monday and picked up the F6B on Tuesday.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Brake recall done today

Had the recall work done today. So far I am happy with how I was treated and how they treated my bike. My invoice states that they only replaced the second master cylinder and flushed and refilled. Rear brake lights working normal, so no worries there.

Picked my bike up friday March 11 at noon. Work was all doen and I had them flush and drian the front brake and clutch as well. Everything works and I think the barkes are better now than before. I have a great Honda dealer 4 blocks from my house. Im pretty lucky Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Finally....

I finally had my brake recall carried out after, the wrong parts supplied, bike put back together with old parts, and chasing down correct parts.
    No help from mother Honda.....argh!

I picked the bike up from the dealership and on the ride home lost the lower pivot bolt which had obviously not been torqued up.
    Attachment 19597
    The bike was collected, checked over and returned with a new bolt.

All's well but leaves a bad taste in the mouth and will reconsider who I get to service my bike in the future.
    "Oh it’s a lovely stretch of the highway
    Leading me on
    And my favorite thing is to miss my home
    When I’m gone, soon as I’m gone"

James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Vudu_52 View Post
    I finally had my brake recall carried out after, the wrong parts supplied, bike put back together with old parts, and chasing down correct parts.
    No help from mother Honda.....argh!

I picked the bike up from the dealership and on the ride home lost the lower pivot bolt which had obviously not been torqued up.
    Attachment 19597
    The bike was collected, checked over and returned with a new bolt.

All's well but leaves a bad taste in the mouth and will reconsider who I get to service my bike in the future.
    Makes you wonder how many F6B drivers on this board got their bikes repaired; but have never took the opportunity to check everything to ensure all was done correctly.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Man I think I would had a hard time not raisin a whole bunch of hell and letting everyone in the dealership know how pissed off I wass seeing that. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I was going over my bike tonight (was lucky enough to have good weather yesterday for a ride) and I am one of the few here whom had a bad experience with the brake recall. No fault with mothership Honda... but problems with a local servicing dealership.

Tonight... I noticed that my top rear bleed fitting now is leaking brake fluid down the rear of the caliper. I didn't take a picture of it (I should have though since I have been documented all of this horrible experience with my dealer's work) because I did not have my camera with me and immediately started to wipe the brake fluid off of the caliper; and subsequently decided to back the top bleed fitting out; and re-torgue it back down to 4 ft pounds.

I am keeping my eye on it now. This is a brand new rear brake caliper that the dealer had to replace; since they "eff'ed" up the first one by ruining the threads for the lower bleeder fitting; which profoundly leaked after they did the rear brake master cylinder recall.

I am trying to remain optimistically hopeful that this top bleed fitting just was not tightened down to spec; and the brake fluid was just making it way past the threads. Although this was most certainly a fresh stream of fluid that was coating the rear of the caliper... I dunno....

Really getting perturbed about this shit. This is not rocket science. Should I now be calling some USA Honda customer service hotline?

I just want to ride my bike. Not to be constantly checking previous service work done by an "authorized" Honda dealership.

F*ck.
    Will where in Maryland did you take your bike?
    Maybe we should start a list by state which dealers are
    doing the best and other kind of work.
    shortleg

I picked my new B up last night from the dealer. They had to do the brake recall before letting me have it. The salesman said there are different kits, ABS, nonABS, Cruise Control. I will check the bolts tonight.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.