POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Well my 13 F6B is in the shop awaiting parts for recall work and some warranty work I did not plan for.Was on a short ride yesterday coming down a mountain grade from Virginia City here in Northern Nevada.Coming around a long wide right sweeper I had engaged a little brake coming into the corner and low and behold the rear brake locked up on me.Needless to say I pooped my panties a little as the bike slide over across the lane to the other side-Thanks god no cars were coming in the other lane.I was pounding the peddle and thankfully the brake let loose or I was going over the side.I was able to get it to the dealer but the brake would pulsate and had no feel other then off or full on no matter how lightly I pulled the lever.Service manager said I am the 3rd Goldwing to have the brakes lock up.There Goldwing tech said I will get a new rear rotor and pads.Tech seemed to know the Wing platform really well.He has done 65 brake recalls so far.Now I have to wait for parts and Mother Honda to OK the warranty work.Plus they will flush the front end on there dime.I will pay a 1/2 hr labor for them to do the clutch so all will be on the same schedule.So I guess the moral of this story is yes the brakes can lock up-even on our beloved F6B's.

RECALL

Work completed. What did they do, does anyone know. LOL

Mine is done as of yesterday. Rode 3 hours to El Campo to get it done and it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Which dealer are you working with for your recall.
    St Croix Power Sports in New Richmond Wi. Said they had not done a F6b yet. Will probably to front drain and clutch drain and replace and check fluid in rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Going on 3 weeks since my parts were ordered, no word, will have to call next week.
    Called them yesterday to see about my parts, got the f'ing automated phone thing and ended up in service were I left a message, think they were closed but the system gave no indication.
    Had not received a call back by 10am so I called back, told me he must have written my phone number down wrong cause he couldn't get a hold of me and needed my Vin number to order. I called back w/the vin and asked him what # he had for me and he read it off w/out me having to give it to him? Apparently forgot all about me and didn't fess up, I hope this is not a sign of things to come. $45.00 plus brake fluid to do front, $45.00 for clutch drain/refill, $85.00 to swap front tire to chrome rim. May make some calls

Dropped Isleen off at Pensacola Motorsports today.
    Her parts for recall were in - yes, for F6B and not Wing, and she'll get her 16,000 mile servicing, plus the 12,000 mile servicing of clutch and front brake fluids.
    She's also getting new shoes.
    They are also going to look at the silicon bubbles embedded in my paint job. These are not a result of wear - these are the result of improper painting procedures and processes.
    In addition, they are going to check the radiator fans - the right one ( as I have mentioned in a past thread) seems to vibrate a lot more than anyone else's I have seen.

I also told them to go "stem to stern" and tell me if they thought anything else needed servicing.
    Not that I will authorize them to do it - I just want to know.
    Cheers,
    steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Poll on brake work

Had the work done along with a new rear tire due to nail picked up. Dealer picked up and delivered for $50 which was good given snow on the ground. No chance to ride yet but hopefully soon.

I just picked up my bike and was very pleased that it only took one day for the repair since there were 13 bikes waiting for their recall work to be completed.
    '73 Honda XL250
    '02 Honda 1800 VTX C
    '14 Honda F6B Deluxe

Question about recall for brakes

What difference dose it make if the bike has cruise control?
    Just wondering where the connection is.
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    What difference dose it make if the bike has cruise control?
    Just wondering where the connection is.
    shortleg
    In an operable sense, braking disengages the cruise control. Not sure if the components being replaced (rear master and secondary master cylinders) are any different from a non-ABS model...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537