POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 18

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Ask edgeman55 Jimmy. He can tell you what might happen. You never tell anyone to ignore a federally mandated safety recall. Anybody that chooses to ignore it is foolish in my book. That's just my opinion.

WHere did I tell anyone to ignore it????

I specifically said I had the recall done. I just relayed the message that the mechanic said the only one's he has seen to have any issues are bikes that spend time sitting. He has done a LOT of recalls.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I'll Get it Done, But Not Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post

WHere did I tell anyone to ignore it????

I specifically said I had the recall done. I just relayed the message that the mechanic said the only one's he has seen to have any issues are bikes that spend time sitting. He has done a LOT of recalls.
    I heard the same thing as Jimmy. The service manager at a dealership I trust told me most of the affected Wings were in climates where bikes were stored for the winter, like parts of the mid-west. I ride mine every month of the year. I plan to get the work done in the next few months. But I'm not alarmed and will ride until then.

I also look at the bigger picture. This defect existed when the GL1800 was introduced over 15 years ago, but it took years before the problems began to surface. There have been something like 145,000 GL1800s built, while only about 500 have had the dragging brake problem. That's 1/3 of one percent. Yes, I want the recall done, but I'll keep this in perspective.

Took it in today to have it done hopefully it all goes well suppose to get it back tomorrow.....thanks for the replies I agree with the both of you.

My B has been triked and the breaks were delinked in the insulation. When I went to the counter all that was said is because it is it a trike it will take 3 hours. I also had the Avon Cobra Trike front tire installed which is a nicer ride than the Michelin Pilot rear tire mounted on the front. Consider me recalled.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Got it back today they changed the mc set and bled the brakes feels good.

You got off easy. Here's my list, the dealership will remain unnamed

After brake recall I noticed the plastic piece below the key plastic thingy was not straight. Told and waited about 3 weeks to do Air Filter and what the heck let them do the oil change. Little to my knowledge they were trying out a new mechanic on my bike. I left the 6 there on a Saturday morning, the service tech said no problem it should be ready around 4. At 4 I call, and the bike isn't ready. The tech said he'd call back in 10 minutes. At 5 I headed to the dealership knowing they would close at 6. There're closed on Sunday and I needed the bike for work on Monday. They finally finish the bike after closing around 7pm. They give me the bike and say was that engine light on before? Duh! Don't worry about it come by after work on Monday and we'll reconnect the cable. Monday after work I arrive at 3:30. Still there at 6pm again. I drive home thinking everything is ok. Next morning Tuesday on the way to work at 5:15 I noticed it was a little dark. No Low beams! Drive back to dealership super pissed. They give me a slower black f6, less than 1/2 mile for the dealership, I damn near get hit. Another good reason not to buy black! Anyways end of day, return to the dealership everything appears to be working...story's not over. On the way home I didn't like the sound coming out of the left speaker. That friday I removed the grill to find a hole in my left speaker cause by the tech not placing the waterproof covering back over the tweeter, and forcing the grill assembly back on. I email pictures of the broken speaker to the dealership. When the speaker was in I returned and talked to the GM. Told him I lost confidence in his maintenance department. He found out I was picking up the speaker and said he'd take care of replacing it. I abruptly told him "no he isn't" and I would do it myself for fear of have something more broken.

All this started with the recall.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

no way

the brakes on my b work flawlessly, great stopping power, rotors are always cool to touch, no drag whatsoever,why would I let some kid mess with perfection?

Listen to my story.

I called the Honda Dealer that I bought my bike from back in February about the recall. They said that they were so backed up on that recall that I could not schedule an appointment for the recall and that they would place my name on a list and call when they when they could get me in.

I called them 2 weeks ago to ask the status and they told me that they still didn't know when they would be calling me.

I called another bike shop that sells and services multiple manufactures, including Honda's. They told me to bring my bike in the same week. They had about 12 bikes in the shop at that time for the recall and they would put me in line. They said I should get my bike back this week. That would be a total of 2 weeks. They said they had already done about 200 bikes for the recall.

My exclusive Honda dealer still has not called me. Needless to say, I will not be going back to them FOR ANYTHING, if I can help it.

had mine done last week
    Dropped it off the day before and picked it up the next day. no problems they even had the bike cleaned up,not that it was dirty but made sure there was greasy hand prints.
    At first the breaks were squishy and I thought I may have to take it back but I remembered reading a post here about putting a weight on the brake and letting it set overnight. Did that and after a day of riding the brakes are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Listen to my story.

I called the Honda Dealer that I bought my bike from back in February about the recall. They said that they were so backed up on that recall that I could not schedule an appointment for the recall and that they would place my name on a list and call when they when they could get me in.

I called them 2 weeks ago to ask the status and they told me that they still didn't know when they would be calling me.

I called another bike shop that sells and services multiple manufactures, including Honda's. They told me to bring my bike in the same week. They had about 12 bikes in the shop at that time for the recall and they would put me in line. They said I should get my bike back this week. That would be a total of 2 weeks. They said they had already done about 200 bikes for the recall.

My exclusive Honda dealer still has not called me. Needless to say, I will not be going back to them FOR ANYTHING, if I can help it.
    Name the dealers. Curious if it parallels my experience with them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537