POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

shooter
    Well the gal told me , and I quote , "the fluid is burnt to the point of being damaging". I walked in being their new buddy and walked out being a prick. That's OK. It isn't the first time. I told them if the fluid was that bad they should change it under warranty. Bike only has 5000 miles on it. Still got a year and a half left on the warranty. She said she would talk to the tech. Low and behold it wasn't really that bad. I was treated lousy after that. Office girl had an attitude. Work seems OK so far. They cleaned the bike. I'll put it on the lift Monday and check it out. The didn't like my Alpin or V&H pipes either. Made special notes on the ticket. As long as the work is good I could care less. Took about 3 hours. Oh by the way , no donuts and the coffee sucked. Gotta keep my priorities straight.

Thanks SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Well the gal told me , and I quote , "the fluid is burnt to the point of being damaging". I walked in being their new buddy and walked out being a prick. That's OK. It isn't the first time. I told them if the fluid was that bad they should change it under warranty. Bike only has 5000 miles on it. Still got a year and a half left on the warranty. She said she would talk to the tech. Low and behold it wasn't really that bad. I was treated lousy after that. Office girl had an attitude. Work seems OK so far. They cleaned the bike. I'll put it on the lift Monday and check it out. The didn't like my Alpin or V&H pipes either. Made special notes on the ticket. As long as the work is good I could care less. Took about 3 hours. Oh by the way , no donuts and the coffee sucked. Gotta keep my priorities straight.
    They, the techs, must get extra points for attaching info to your VIN about items that they can use to deny further warranty work.
    Im not quite sure what all would void warranty...Torq Loops? Mufflers with less back pressure?
    I believe some H-D riders took the company to court over similar issues a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What a bunch of horseshit

Burnt fluid? How? Really? Damaging? Really? They got a chemist there?

Glad you know what's "up" and going on with the bike. So many people fall prey to stealerships doing that sort of crap...

On a related but unrelated note; my wife once took her car in to Jiffy Lube (I constantly beg her not to) and they told her that her rear brakes needed "cleaning". And they charged her $40.00 to blow out the caliper assemblies with compressed air.

I was livid when I heard about that. Too late for me to stop that crap... she paid cash and it was a done deal with those idiots at Jiffy Lube.

They sure got their name right.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

It simply amazes me how some of these incompetent places can stay in business with the level of "idiots" that work for them!!....The last time I used a Jiffy Lube, many years ago, the "tech" (asshole), did not tighten the drain plug and when I got home oil was all over the driveway, underside of the car, and was low on oil...Manager said to bring the car back for them to check and I politely told him I would never set foot in a Jiffy Lube again!!!!......Most Honda dealers are no better these days and I am thankful, for now, that I have a dealer that so far is competent, although they are 125 miles away.....Ride safe

Gotta love Jiffy Lube!

For your viewing pleasure---about 9 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Almost forgot---No place on the poll for me. Parts ordered early November and as of yesterday they are on backorder. How about a "Frustrated before recall is done" option.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not sure of the post count, but if the poll is an indication then what I thought all along is thru. Of the the 20 respondents only one did not like the result!

Sooooo with all the hot air out on this topic only one person came forward to say they did not approve of the work done! As polls go, I would say Honda is doing a GREAT job !

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Recall

My action isn't represented in the above choices;

Not waiting/didn't for Honda's notification, checked VIN number (however we will find out later that it covered all effected years GL1800 and F6Bs, a prediction as I believe they are trying to manage or throttle down the outrage and waiting list at the risk and wear and tear on the bikes on the road) scheduled with local dealer for a week later service, waiting for outcome. I not sure how to make them understand not to touch (rags, paper towels, fingers ect) the OEM black painted surfaces to prevent scaring/scratching of the crappy paint, with out sounding like a prick.

shooter
    You sound like me. Dealers techs scare the shyt out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am not sure of the post count, but if the poll is an indication then what I thought all along is thru. Of the the 20 respondents only one did not like the result!

Sooooo with all the hot air out on this topic only one person came forward to say they did not approve of the work done! As polls go, I would say Honda is doing a GREAT job !

Sure Steve. Right.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537