POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

I took mine in for the recall this morning. I was expecting a 2-3 hour wait. The tech had it completed in well under an hour. He told me he's already done 50 or so of the recalls. He said the first few weren't this fast but he's got it down to an art now. Brakes still work well and the cruise functions fine. It's nice to have a technician that knows what he's doing....

Almost a hundred respondents and it's a three horse race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Letter from Hinda arrived this week. I plan to take the bike to the dealer sometime in January.

Letter arrived two weeks ago, immediately contacted my dealer. Job was done last Thursday, took about 5 hours... Was the first one done around here from a Beemer mechanic, a German guy I know. Maybe slow on his first recall job, but I'd rather have a job I can trust !

Down into the rabbit hole I go again with Honda...

Took my bike back to the Honda dealer yesterday; to have the damaged rear caliper replaced; due to the damage it sustained during the brake recall work. Will pick it back up tomorrow hopefully; completely fixed and all issues permanently addressed and resolved.

What a nightmare this has been. Brand new bike. Goes in to dealer to remedy a perceived flaw. Comes back out to me with actual flaws and damage. I thought it was supposed to work the other way; comes back out in better shape than it originally went in...?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I forget Will, are you limited on dealers? Or, have you gone to a new one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I forget Will, are you limited on dealers? Or, have you gone to a new one?
    There are three multi-metric dealers in my immediate area that sell and work on Honda's. Two of them will never touch any of my bikes ever again. The third (present one) one is closely in danger of falling into that category as well.

I had no choice (other than not to bring it in at all) in this matter. This is a recall; and they won't simply hand you the parts to do the work yourself. I would've opted to do the work myself if they allowed it; for I wrench on my own motorcycles; with the exception of mounting tires. I hate mounting tires. I'll bring the wheel in for that...

...but even that gets screwed up sometimes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Gotcha, I forgot how many dealers you had access to. Best of luck Army.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Got the paper work on the recall from Honda in mail last week......had talked with my local dealer about the recall in November and they said to wait for recall letter from Mother Honda and then they would set up an appointment.....

My F6B was on the center stand with the battery maintainer hooked up before Thanksgiving...and it has been cold, rainy and snowy since here in Idaho....I will think about getting it done toward the end of February or first of March.....if and when I see a few days with highs of 50 degrees, or more

No rush for me...I'm retired and a fair weather rider...and it will give the Goldwing tech at my dealer time to perfect the art of recall work on some other Goldwings...

I called my local dealer just to see if they'd do the recall before I got the letter from Honda. They ran the VIN and said no problem. I made an appointment for 2 days later. When I got home from work the same day I made the appointment(Tues the 15th), the letter had arrived.

Took the bike in the next day and dropped it off. Sales manager said the floodgates opened with calls to schedule appointments. Evidently, many people in our area all got their notices on the same day.

The bike was ready at noon Thursday and seemed fine when I picked it up. I'm glad I got it done because I still ride mine(50 miles west of Chicago)
    and my dealer is going to be closed from the 24th till the 5th of January.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!