POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

I had mine done yesterday at the same place Wiggy (post #50) had his done at. Rode it home 25 miles, 37 degrees, and everything seemed to work just fine. Cruise, heated grips, heated seat, reverse, brakes and all the lights.

belgium, Antwerp, got my letter today

I picked my bike up from the dealer and drove it home in the rain, so I could not really test it out.
    I was just glad to get it home, washed, and put back to bed for the winter.
    I also had the clutch and front brake flushed and new air cleaner installed so it's ready to go.

Received my letter about 10 days ago. A low beam light went out so I stopped at a dealer in Durant, Oklahoma (closest one) on Wednesday to buy a couple of bulbs. The service manager said he'd completed 2 recalls so far and Honda had sent him 4 kits but they were all for Cruise Control models. Said he'd change both master cylinders but he'd have to order the kit for mine. Mine is a 2013. Kinda funny when he looked down at his desk calendar and said he couldn't make any appointments for next year because he doesn't have a 2016 calendar:banged: Said to call him in a few weeks. Doesn't seem anyone at Honda is very concerned or sees any urgency to get 'er done.

I'm surprised there is a differnce repair kits for our bikes without cruise control.
    My very small Honda dealer only sold 1 F6B (mine). And he had a repair kit in stock.

Got my recall letter, but I can't ride the girl because I fractured my right wrist and left elbow when I fell off a ladder at work. But my son said he love to ride it over to the stealer for me.
    '73 Honda XL250
    '02 Honda 1800 VTX C
    '14 Honda F6B Deluxe

Got mine completed yesterday. Got a new anti dive valve along with the rest of the recall, wasn't aware that was included. All seems to be working as advertised!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    Got mine completed yesterday. Got a new anti dive valve along with the rest of the recall, wasn't aware that was included. All seems to be working as advertised!
    It is not included. Honda would in no way install one of those; and defeat the purpose of the anti-dive valve. You must tell us more....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

recall notice

Just received my notice on New year's eve. Have 12000 miles on my 2013 F6B. 16 states of mountains and coast line with no problems.

Does anyone know exactly what is being done, I've asked my service people and they don't know which leads me to believe that they have not done any yet.

I'm a bit pissed, had the 24000 service done in mid Nov when the recall inspection was done and i was assured that the parts would be ordered, well now Jan and of course no one knows anything, oh well.

Chris