POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what is being done, I've asked my service people and they don't know which leads me to believe that they have not done any yet.

I'm a bit pissed, had the 24000 service done in mid Nov when the recall inspection was done and i was assured that the parts would be ordered, well now Jan and of course no one knows anything, oh well.

Chris

They are replacing the rear brake cylinder behind the right side cover and replacing the intermediate rear brake cylinder mounted on the left front fork; with re-engineered and improved brake cylinders. Then they are re-bleeding/flushing the entire brake system.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I took the bike in Christmas eve and got it back the day after Christmas. Lancaster (PA) Honda did a great job. The brakes are nice and firm and noticably better. I really think that my brakes were dragging because of the swish - swish - swish sound that they used to make.

Overall, very happy that Honda handled this problem.
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

My were done before I purchased mine new from the dealer last week
    Reedman- Is that a B-King in your Avatar? Just traded mine in for the B, have to grow up sometime.

Yes it is a B-King. Just sold it last summer because it made me do evil things. I was doing a wheelie at 120 between two semi trucks and had an epiphany that my life and the lives of those around me were important. So I sold it.

181.5 horsepower at 540 lbs is a combination for disaster. The bike ruined me though. I doubt that I will ever own a bike with more exhilaration than the King. The best part of owning one was that no one knew what it was or what engine it had in it. (1340 Hayabusa for those who don't know) Shutting down 1000 superbikes and 600 supersports while sitting straight up was awesomely rewarding. I would do it every chance I had and then pull in to a gas station only to have them pull in behind me, pull their helmet off, and say: "What is that thing?". Truly a hooligan bike that had no business ever being made.

He is my beauty along side the Burgman 650 that the F6B replaced:
    Attachment 18282

Sorry to the OP. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Got the letter, called my local Honda dealer, Motoworld El Cajon. They put me off til after the new year. Called HB Honda where I purchased, they couldn't do much better offering a 12/29 appointment. Did the work at Motoworld El Cajon on 1/4. They wanted to see my 02 Wing for brake recall work also. The F6 was finished same day. I told them to take their time with the 02 Wing, raining all week here and had no appointment. Be interesting to see what Honda is willing to replace on the 02 under the recall. It has 77,000 miles on it the pads are worn and I get that rumble strip feel through the brake pedal when they get used a lot.

Cosborn, they are replacing the intermediate master cylinder on the left fork, and the rear master cylinder, on ALL GL1800s. They are flushing the whole brake system also. My tech said the recall calls for 6 bottles of brake fluid.

I got my F6B done @ Southern Honda in Chattanooga , Kyle took great care of me and most of all my F6B. Anybody that goes to Honda in Chattanooga look him up ! Great guy KNOWS his stuff ! lee In Marietta Ga .

Quote Originally Posted by Love to ride View Post
    I got my F6B done @ Southern Honda in Chattanooga , Kyle took great care of me and most of all my F6B. Anybody that goes to Honda in Chattanooga look him up ! Great guy KNOWS his stuff ! lee In Marietta Ga .
    Hey Lee, how are you...maybe see you at the F6B rally?
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Brought mine on thuesday, got him back today

Angry What a stuff up...

After having received my letter just before Christmas, I booked my bike in for the 6,000km service and brake recall to be carried out on Monday of this week.

The service staff advised when I dropped the bike off, that the parts for the brake recall were in stock and that they had two other Goldwings to complete that day but that my bike would be finished late in the day.
    I received a phone call later that afternoon to say they didn't have the particular parts for my bike? and they had to be ordered.

On Wednesday I called to check progress and was advised the parts were due in that day. I asked and was assured that my bike would be completed by Friday as I had a weekend ride planned.

Today I physically check in after two phone calls were not returned, only to find out parts are still not available and no ETA for their arrival.
    I asked for the return of my bike for the weekend ride and was advised it's still in parts and will not be reassembled (with old parts) till late Saturday.

What makes my F6B different and why do Honda Australia not have the parts to complete the recall after notifying owners?
    "Oh it’s a lovely stretch of the highway
    Leading me on
    And my favorite thing is to miss my home
    When I’m gone, soon as I’m gone"

James Taylor