POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Have you had the Honda brake recall work performed?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Notified by Honda, work completed to my satisfaction.

104 32.60%
  • Notified by Honda, have not yet had the work performed.

114 35.74%
  • Notified by Honda, work performed below my satisfaction.

4 1.25%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda dealer to my satisfaction.

52 16.30%
  • Didn't wait for Honda, work performed by Honda below my satisfaction.

3 0.94%
  • Not overly concerned, work not performed until I hear from Honda, then will schedule the maintenance.

42 13.17%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Did you get the brake recall work performed?

Took mine in last Thursday---shop in Conroe, Texas, had it done by the following Tuesday---good turn around as they had 4 Wings in front of my bike---they be knocking `em out fast as they can----

The numbers seem to speak for themselves. I couldn't vote twice but I actually had the recall done on my new Gold Wing and a friend had his WIng done as well with no problems. I won't discount the trouble 3 people had, but I think the overall numbers prove Honda is on top of this pretty good. I am satisfied.

The recall work was done after the parts were back ordered 3 weeks. The job was supposed to take 3 - 3.5 hours; however, despite the fact that I had a 9 a.m. appointment they didn't get done until 4:30 p.m. (and this was despite my multiple phone calls). I'm happy with the recall work performed, but not the customer service.

When speaking to my dealer last Friday about my new bike he mentioned that while they were performing recalls and had adequate parts to do so, he was urging owners to get their bikes in ASAP. He predicts long back logs in the spring caused by alot of people getting their bikes out of storage and expecting to get the recall performed right away. You may want to consider getting ahead of the rush if you haven't had this done yet.

Got my recall......

Got my recall done and some heated grips installed today.......now if it only quits snowing and warms up so I can take it out of it's long winter nap lol

Good job----now come on down to the Gulf Coast of TEXAS---we don`t know what snow is----

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It is not included. Honda would in no way install one of those; and defeat the purpose of the anti-dive valve. You must tell us more....
    The Service Writer called it the Anti Dive Valve that was being replaced with the recall. I saw a bag of parts on the counter that had been replaced, I'm betting it was the Intermediate and not the Anti Dive. He didn't seem real knowledgeable about the actual workings of the bikes. He just schedules the maintenance.

Heard about the recall through the Forum. got a letter in Dec about it contacted Hollister Honda about getting work done and was advised I would be put on the list. Heard from them around 6th or 7th of Jan and scheduled the work to be done. they took the bike and had the work done in about 2 hrs.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    When speaking to my dealer last Friday about my new bike he mentioned that while they were performing recalls and had adequate parts to do so, he was urging owners to get their bikes in ASAP. He predicts long back logs in the spring caused by alot of people getting their bikes out of storage and expecting to get the recall performed right away. You may want to consider getting ahead of the rush if you haven't had this done yet.
    Dave I think that's good advice. A lot of Gold Wings out there. Most people are procrastinators.

Mine's going in as soon as the parts come in. They ran out of kits and had to order one for my bike.