High Vis. Gear - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Vis. Gear

I don't have a lot of Hi Vis stuff

But I like to be seen. I have added the LED low beams, 960s, and LED running lights for the front. I have added the extra 4 red LED turn signal kit, Hiperlights, strip LEDs on the mirrors just in case they miss the OEM turn signals, strobe added brake light and the Superbrite LED brake light bulbs bulbs that flash as the brake light. If they can't see that, then there is not much hope.

BTW---with my Harleys it was about adding chrome. With the B, it is about adding lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool Looks Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    But I like to be seen. I have added the LED low beams, 960s, and LED running lights for the front. I have added the extra 4 red LED turn signal kit, Hiperlights, strip LEDs on the mirrors just in case they miss the OEM turn signals, strobe added brake light and the Superbrite LED brake light bulbs bulbs that flash as the brake light. If they can't see that, then there is not much hope.

BTW---with my Harleys it was about adding chrome. With the B, it is about adding lights.
    Looks fantastic, love the lights.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I just received in the mail on Friday a Hi Vis. Tourmaster Transitions 3 jacket, my Christmas gift from my wife. I really wanted the black version of this jacket, but there was none to be found in my size 3xl. I did though come across the Hi Vis. version in 3xl at a seal of a deal, so I said what the hell I'll see if I like Hi Vis. Well let me say this is a really nice 3 season jacket and the Hi Vis. Is the way to go. If the cagers don't see me now they shouldn't be driving.

Sometimes I wear this jacket.It does stand out against my fastest Black F6B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attachment 18083Attachment 18084

I TRY to wear both all the time but it does get a bit hot here in FL every now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

I've gone back to a fluro vest over my riding jacket, I guess it's a mental thing to get over (looking like an electric strawberry) but i'm getting too old not to take every advantage, and there are too many idiots in tin tops on our roads these days.

Chris

I wear a reflective white helmet.

Ed..
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    I wear a reflective white helmet.

Ed..
    GOOD stuff! I like that.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think I have 12 helmets ... 3 are yellow. I wear the yellow helmets most of the time (I always wear a helmet). And, I have several yellow, or light colored leather and textile jackets that I wear.

I have extremely bright LED driving lights from EC and an additional very bright running/brake/blinker LED from Whelen above the license plate on the rear. I like both a great deal.

Even when I'm on the HD Street Glide, I wear my yellow helmets. Plus, I have LED BIGHT amber running lights on that beast as well as LEDs on the back. All from Custom Dynamics. Great stuff!

i'm slowly migrating to ATGATT

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    My gear isn't high viz, but it is gray with reflective piping. I did want a bike with dual headlights and with the mirrors lit also, this bike was high on the list. I did want a brighter color, but that didn't happen. I got hit last year from being invisible....and that was with an HID headlamp, brake light modulator, and a Guardian bell. Not into those items so much anymore. I will end with this... ATGATT
    the longer i'm on a metric, the more i'm getting away from riding "naked".

i rarely drink any more, no reason to help people run me down.

and since you can "wrap" a bike in led's, it doesn't seem to matter, people will still NOT see you.

time to graduate to ATGATT
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map