louder exhaust ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: louder exhaust ?

Yep, Cobra and Cruiser Customizing missed out on my money too! they keep pushing the time back and both parties tell you something different whenever you ask.. This same basic Goldwing has been in production since 2001, you'de think that would be enough R&D time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff6b View Post
    I actually got mine from the dealership I bought the bike from. Wish I would have shopped around first but they had some on a goldwing and I liked the sound so I bought them..
    If I could find some at a local dealer I'd buy them too. Can't find any accessories at dealers around here.

wow. now im glad they took so long with the pipes... saved me $800! I took the "guts" out of the tips and drilled 4 half inch holes in the back of each muffler. Good sound, no issues, and free!

Quote Originally Posted by mtcgun View Post
    wow. now im glad they took so long with the pipes... saved me $800! I took the "guts" out of the tips and drilled 4 half inch holes in the back of each muffler. Good sound, no issues, and free!
    Can you post a video with sound? We would all like to see/hear the results.

$800.+saved for me and you can make it as loud as you want I put 3 holes in mine and sounds good to me.....and if it's to loud you seal up the holes in minutes for under a buck

That's cool Hook and mtcgun, I'm afraid to try it on mine cuz I might not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    $800.+saved for me and you can make it as loud as you want I put 3 holes in mine and sounds good to me.....and if it's to loud you seal up the holes in minutes for under a buck

Hook, I followed your lead, but I only saved $ 799.99. I too drilled out 3 holes into the end cap of each muffler...each hole is 3/4 inch, and I drilled out 3 matching holes into the upper area of each exhaust tip. The holes can NOT be seen walking around the bike. You have to get down low to see them. The 3 holes in each muffler line up with the 3 holes in each exhaust tip, so it flows out prwetty good. I like the sound...pretty good.

My plan was to WAIT until the middle of Winter, and then order a set of TorqMaster pipes, or maybe the Rush pipes. But before going on this little ride East to NC, I thought I would open it up, and see what it sounds like at 80 mph, for days and days.

Muff mods

Hi Miles have done this for years. I weld a pipe same dia as the lower then drill out the pipe. Install turn downs on the Granny Chair wings. Or drill out the welds that hold the metal in the stock extensions and use them. You could take the metal out of F6B slash cut extensions and then drill a hole in the end of the muffler the size that makes you happy. I have seen most of the end cut away. Have fun..

You guys and your woodpecker syndrome (every tree is better with holes in it). I suppose wearing hearing protection will help. If you really want to open it up remove the muffler and breach the firewall you see towards the rear of the muffler with a hole saw.

noise

Now all will want make the radio louder! lol.....